Chapter Twenty-Eight: Poolside Dinning

Cami's POV: 🔞NSFW Warning🔞

I walk through the doors of my work place and set all my things on the front desk.

"Hey, señorita." I hear Naomi say as she exits one of the back rooms.

"Hey." I say in a huff.

"Rough morning?" Naomi asks.

I smile as I think about the events that unfolded this morning. Beck would not leave his bed unless Rhea came to get him and refused to eat the breakfast I made for him, because he wanted Rhea to make him food. While, it was cute how much he wants her involved in his life, it put me behind and also made me waste food.

"A little. Let's talk while we walk?" I offer.

I was running a little behind and we had a house to close on today, so I didn't have a lot of time to talk shop at the office.

"Let's." Naomi says.

We start to walk and I instantly check my phone as I feel it ping in my purse, hoping to see a message from a particular brunette.

R🤍: You're going to kill it today! I know you're totally going to close on this house 😊

I feel my smile widen just at the sight of her name, let alone her message. God, what has she done to me? I feel like I'm a giddy teenager all over again, I almost even said I loved her the other day.

It scared me to think at the prospect of loving someone else, but I genuinely feel it with her. She makes my heart race and makes me feel a good kind of anxious around her. I anticipate her touches and I feel safe in her arms. I can talk openly with her, without feeling judged and her heart is different from any other heart I've held before. Hers is kind and understanding. She is nurturing and uplifting, she supports me in more ways than I deserve considering the beginning of our relationship.

Thinking about her makes my heart warm and my smile intensify. I know deep down it's early and there's a lot of risks, especially with the most recent news, but the thought of a future together makes me hopeful.

It also helps that the boys adore her and I can trust her with them. I know she'd be good to them and for them, which makes me fall for her so much more.

Naomi smiles, "I like seeing that on your face."

"What?" I ask as I raise my brow in confusion.

"That smile. You've been smiling a lot more lately." Naomi states.

I smile just at the thought, "what? I'm not normally smiley?"

"No, you're usually a bitch." She jokes.

We both bust out laughing as we get into the car.

"But seriously... what's got you all happy?" Naomi asks.

I know she genuinely cares and I'd love to tell Naomi exactly what is going on, but it's risky. I know she's always suggested I leave Ethan and she probably wouldn't care about Rhea and I being a thing, but I can't risk anymore drama for the two of us right now. I need to hold on to what we have and I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that, even if it means withholding information from my best friend.

"Life's just been good lately." I state.

"I have a hard time believing Ethan has anything to do with life being good." She says.

Normally, this would pull a reaction out of me and I'd defend his dumbass for some ungodly reason, but I can't find it in me to care. She's right after all, he has nothing to do with my good moods and if anything - he's the reason for all my bad ones.