Chapter Seventeen: The Kiss

Rhea's POV:

It's been a few days since Savannah got her new job and Cami and her went out to dinner. Progress seems to be happening in their relationship as they make time to have conversations about their relationship and discuss how they can help each other. I'm really happy for them, especially Savannah. I know how much she needs this.

Savannah started her new job this week and she actually loves it. She loves interacting with people, plus she's gotten more numbers than she can count. She actually works tonight, so I decided to keep myself busy by making plans with Sienna to catch up.

I walk down the stairs and into the living room. Graham and Cami are sitting in there watching a new show, while Beck is taking his afternoon nap.

"I'm heading out." I say.

"Where you going? Savannah's not here so what other friends do you have?" Graham asks, with a smug grin on his face.

"I'm going to hang out with Sienna." I say, wearing a smirk.

Ha ha... looks like I got the last laugh as I see the color drain from his face and his smirk quickly fades.

"Don't worry... I won't steal her from you." I taunt.

I watch as Cami covers her mouth to keep herself from laughing.

"I don't like her like that!" He states.

"And I don't like women. I guess we're lying today." I say.

This time Cami busts out laughing, which only angers Graham more. I, personally, think it's hilarious.

"I'm not lying!" He yells.

"Mhm." I say as I slowly back out of the living room and make my way out the front door.

***

I enter the coffee shop and I'm instantly embraced by the smell of coffee beans and used books. I love this smell. It makes me feel weirdly comforted and at home.

My eyes pan the crowd but no Sienna to be found. Luckily, I remember what she likes from here. It's one of the miscellaneous things she shared with me on our first date, but I remembered to make a mental note of it in case I ever wanted to surprise her.

I pick a place closest to the window and place our drinks down. This spot gives me the best view of the busy street outside, which allows for the best people watching.

People watching can be such a fascinating thing. It's crazy how we all exist on the planet, yet all live completely separate lives. We are all at different places in life with different experiences and backgrounds. It's kind of a crazy thing when you think about it. You could be having your worst day while someone across the world is living their best.

"Hey." I hear Sienna say beside me.

I instantly turn my head to face her as she slides into the booth.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask anxiously.

"I'm good. Did you get me an iced chai with toffee nut?" She asks.

"Yeah. That's what you like, right?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah it is... I'm just surprised you remembered." She says with a soft laugh.

"Yeah, I have a pretty good memory I guess." I say.

She gives me a soft smile before drinking more of her drink. It's a little awkward between us. I know she came to the soccer game, but this is the first time we've hung out since agreeing to just be friends. I can't really tell where her head is at or how this interaction is going to go.