Chapter Eight: Jealousy

Rhea's POV:

"Hey buddy!" Ethan says as he scoops Beck up into his arms.

Ethan then walks over to Cami and pulls her in to a side hug, "Hey baby," he says as he kisses the top of her forehead.

Something about this action makes my stomach turn. I'm well aware that she's married, but something about it just didn't feel real until seeing such a domesticated action. It's a harsh reminder that my crush is married woman and that imagining anything between us is unrealistic.

She then turns into him and gives him a kiss on his lips. I feel my mouth start to water as I feel acid travel up my throat from my stomach. I feel like I could throw up right now.

"You feeling alright?" Sienna asks as she rubs my back.

"Peachy." I say in a monotone voice.

"Where's my hug from my superstar?" Ethan asks Graham, but Graham stays behind me.

"Who's this?" Ethan asks as he places Beck down.

"Rhea." I say.

"Rhea is Savannah's friend. The one that I told you would be spending the summer with us." I hear Cami explain.

He nods his head before extending his hand, "Well, I'm Ethan... Savannah's step-dad".

There's no way in hell I'm shaking this guys hand, so I let his hand stay in the air until he awkwardly has to put it away.

"Ah, Glenda. Didn't know you'd be with the bunch." He says with an unimpressed tone.

I see Cami start to shift uncomfortably. Her eyes lock onto mine and it looks as if she's trying to read my expression, but I quickly look away.

"Didn't know you were still in the picture." Glenda says coldly.

"Mom." Cami warns.

"No, it's fine babe." Ethan's insists as he extends his hand to keep her back.

"I see you still have the same sense of 'humor'. Some things never change." He says with a smug smile.

"You know, I say the same thing about you to my daughter, but yet here you still are." Glenda says with a challenging grin on her face.

"Oh, you bitch." He says under his breath.

"Not in front of the kids." Cami warns the two of them.

Tension lingers in the air between the two. It's like they are in a stand-off waiting for who is going to fold first. I have my bets on Ethan.

"Cami's right. Is everyone hungry? Let's go out to eat." He says as he rubs his hands together.

"I'm starving, baby. Let's go to that new Italian place on main." Cami says, clutching onto her husband.

Seeing them act as a couple causes a feeling I haven't had in awhile. Jealousy? Am I seriously jealous over a woman that I knew was married?

"Sounds perfect." Ethan says with a wide smile.

"Can I travel with you guys?" Graham asks Savannah and I before we both nod to each other in agreeance.

We all disperse, heading to our different vehicles. We get into Savannah's and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop. I want to ask her how she feels about her step-dad being back, but I don't want to say anything in front of Graham.

My parents often would argue about their marital problems right in front of me. I knew every in and out of their relationship and as overwhelming as that was, I also made a promise to myself to never discuss those kinds of issues in front of my kids. Now, Graham's not my kid and this isn't my marital problems, I just don't think it's appropriate to bash his dad right in front of him.