Chapter Fourty-Two: The Storm

Rhea's POV:

"Fuck." I mutter to myself as the game wraps up.

I was gone for one week and the team completely went off the rails. Alex is incompetent of leading and it frustrates me. They played the worst I've ever seen them play and it's hard to hide my frustration.

"You're upset?" Alex asks angrily.

I look up her her, "I'm a little disappointed, yeah."

I'm not even frustrated with the kids, I'm irritated that Alex couldn't pick up the slack while I was gone. She needs to learn some leadership skills and learn how to delegate. I feel like I'm the only coach on this team and she's just dead weight.

"You were gone for a week. If you were so worried about the team winning, you'd be here." She says, crossing her arms.

I've seen many versions of Alex, but this one is new. I've never seen her angry before and I can't tell if she's feeding off my anger or if there's something more.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"Where were you?" She asks, irritated.

"I went back home. I had a family emergency, I already explained this to you." I say, bending down to pack up my duffel bag.

She shakes her head and kisses her teeth, "I just find it weird that you and Cami were gone the same week."

I look up at her, "what are you getting at?"

"I think you two were together." She says, putting her hands on her hips.

I feel my anger bubble up more. I'd normally feel nervous in my position, but Alex has continuously involved herself in my business. It's pissing me off.

"Oh, please." I state, rolling my eyes as I stand up.

"I went back home for a family emergency, by myself." I say, getting in her face.

Her eyes hold a certain intensity behind them as they flicker between mine, "You know what I think? I think you two have something going on and that's why she left in a hurry after I kissed you."

I step away as I laugh, "you're reaching. She left because she was tired."

"You can lie to everyone else, but I know the truth." Alex states.

My eyes look back at hers as my heartbeat speeds up. There's no way she knows. She just has a suspicion. 

"You don't know shit." I seethe.

"Whoa, there tiger. Let's go." Savannah says, linking her arm in mine and pulling me away.

I feel my stress start to bubble up as her statement finally resonates. What does she mean she knows? There's no proof we went on this vacation together.

I feel myself start to panic as my anger subsides. We've been so careful, how could she know, or did someone spill?

"What the fuck was that about?" Savannah whispers to me as we walk away.

I look over to Savannah as my stress becomes visible.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asks, cupping my face.

"Did you tell her?" I ask.

Savannah raises a brow, "what?"

"Did you tell her about your mom and I?" I ask, a little more irritated.

"Rhea, I'd never. I only ever told Sienna." Savannah says with a worrisome look on her face.

My stomach drops. Theres no way Sienna told Alex. Right?