Chapter Forty-Nine: New Roomie

Rhea's POV:

Dean, Lena, and I carry boxes full of my stuff towards my dorm room. They said they'd help me move my stuff into my dorm when the time came and despite my protests, they're following through on their promise. In fact, I've stayed with them everyday since I reconnected with them, still visiting my mom everyday to attempt to keep a relationship forming between the two of us.

Things have been really good in the last week. It still hasn't been great, with Cami being a constant thought in the back of my mind, but it's been nice to part of my family back. 

The family doesn't quite feel complete without Cami and the kids, but I try to hold onto what I got.

"What if you get a weirdo for a roommate?" Dean asks as we make our way down the long hallway.

"The only weirdo here is you, my love." Lena states.

Dean gasps as he looks over to his wife, who proudly smiles at her remark.

"You married this weirdo." He states.

"I think you drugged me because I clearly wasn't thinking clearly when I said, 'I do'." She teases.

I smile at their banter as I reach my dorm room, silently hoping that I don't have a weirdo for a roommate. 

I've been so nervous about this day. There's a possibility I could get a total dick for a dormmate, but I could also run into Savannah and her family.

I couldn't sleep all night at the prospect. What would I say to them if I saw them? What would I do if I saw Cami?

My heart couldn't calm down at the thought. Her smile and eyes being the image that constantly stayed in my head every time I closed my eyes. I don't know if I could keep myself from wanting to wrap her in my arms or even kiss her, despite everything that happened. 

I know I still have some growing, but the thought of her makes me want to throw it all away.

I swallow my anxiousness down as I slowly open the door, revealing a room that is half decorated. On one side of the dorm has a tapestry filled with various flowers and a diagram of the various of mushrooms and their classifications next to it. She has a small plant next to her night stand and a wall of Polaroids lining her wall.

From the looks of it, I don't have a weirdo for a dormmate, but I can't quite make out her photos from the distance. I walk farther into the room, really focusing on her photos and trying to see if I know the girl.

My eyes squint as I approach the wall, placing the box of stuff in my hands on her bed as I reach up and observe the photos.

"Riley?" I say to myself.

"Rhea?" I hear a familiar feminine voice say from the entrance of the dorm room.

My head snaps towards the door and both Dean and Lena step to the side so I can get a better look.

"You two know each other?" Dean asks, his eyes flickering between us.

"Know each other? We used to fuck." Riley says with a slight laugh.

I swallow the lump in my throat as Riley and I observe each other. She hasn't changed much, with her septum and nose piercing still decorating her button nose, and her crop top exposing her tan and slender torso. In fact, the only thing that seems to have changed is her hair. It's still shoulder length, but her sandy and shaggy hair is now gray with lavender highlights.

"Oh, well... that's great." Lena awkwardly says, causing me to ground back into the conversation.

I feel my heart speed up as I realize what was said. Did she seriously just tell my parents that we used to fuck? It's the truth, but that's all we were - fuck buddies.