Chapter Fifteen: Can We Talk?

Rhea's POV:

I shove my coaches shirt into my soccer bag as I watch Alex approach me.

"Well, I think that went well." She says.

We had practice today and I was able to have the kids switch their positions on the field, which ended up being a great decision. It allowed for us to see some kids weren't flourishing where they were on the field and I think I have new positions that will really help them succeed.

"Yeah, so do we agree that we should make Casey goalie?" I ask.

"100 percent." She says.

We continue to talk about our new plans for the kids as parents come and pick up their children. There's an awkward silence that lingers between us as the last kid gets picked up. I really don't want to talk about last night with her, but I have a gut feeling she's going to bring it up as a way to break the silence.

"So... is that girl that you were at the club with last night your girlfriend?" Alex asks.

"Her name is Sienna... and no... she's not my girlfriend." I say as I grab my bag.

"Hmm. Fuck buddies?" She asks.

"What? No." I say.

"Well, she's got to be the one responsible for this beauty." She says as she touches my hickey.

Shit. I thought I covered it up well enough with Savannah's makeup. Does that mean the parents saw? I don't want them to think I'm trashy, I'm still very new and kind of care about their opinions.

"It's okay, I'm not going to judge." She continues.

"Um, yeah. It's from her, but it's nothing like that. We were kind of a situationship, but we ended it." I say as I rub the back of my neck.

"Oh. That's too bad." She says.

I notice Savannah pull up and for once I'm so grateful to see that little shit. I really don't want to talk about Sienna, especially with my co-worker that I hardly know.

"Yeah, well... got to go!" I say as I go and grab Graham.

"I think she likes you." Graham says.

"I hope she doesn't." I say.

"Why not? She's hot." Graham questions.

"Looks aren't everything, Graham. You want something deeper than that. You want someone that you can talk about anything and everything with, someone you're comfortable confiding in. It's also never a good idea to get involved with co-workers." I explain.

"Why's that?" He asks.

"Because things tend to get messy. Say you guys don't work out, you either have to act like that person didn't just rip your heart out of your chest the next time you work with them or you quit. Things just get too complicated. I also don't want it to effect all the work we've done with the team. She or I could end up distracted and it's not good for you guys." I explain, hoping he'll drop the conversation.

We both get to the vehicle and I look over to see Savannah has her shades over her eyes.

"How's the hangover?" I ask.

"I feel like my head is going to explode." She says as she rubs her temples.

***

We pull up to the house and part of me doesn't feel quite like going inside yet. It's been a little awkward for me to be around Cami. I've only seen her once since last night, but lashing out on her has really been eating at me. I know what I did was for the benefit of my friend, but I can't help the guilt I feel when looking at her.