Chapter Fourty-Three: The Truth Always Reveals Itself

Savannah's POV:

"Cover for me." I say to AJ.

"Savannah, it's like your 15th break and you've only been here for two hours." AJ says.

"I have an important call to make." I state, walking out the back door before he can respond.

It's been a few days since Rhea left and I haven't heard a word from her. I've called, texted, and I've gotten nothing in return. I just want to know if she's okay.

I pull out my phone, dialing the digits I've become far too familiar with. It's like they're engraved in my memory at this point.

I could forget what Rhea looks like or even lose my memory and her number will be the one thing I remember.

I place my cigarette between my lips as the phone starts to trill. Yes, I picked up another bad habit, but I've needed something to cope.

It's been a rough few days and not just for me. Beck won't stop calling out for Rhea, Graham won't leave his room, and my mom has become completely emotionless. It's like she won't allow herself to feel anything right now.

I take a deep breath in, allowing the tar to coat my already fucked up lungs as I grow impatient.

"Come on." I mutter to myself as the phone continues to ring.

Voicemail. Fuck.

"Goddamnit!" I yell out, tucking my phone back in my pocket as I throw my cigarette to the ground.

I feel myself start to get angered. I'm mad she left, that my mom didn't chase her, and that Ethan is probably the source of all this mess. I know he wanted to hurt them so he could have his way, he's controlling and conniving like that, but he didn't just hurt the two of them. He hurt the boys too. He has no disregard for the amount of pain and suffering he caused and just like he always does, he left after the damage was done.

I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. What did he even say to my mom and Rhea? I know words had to be exchanged in order to get Rhea to leave. He probably picked at an insecurity and exploited it knowing him.

I pace anxiously as I think about Rhea. I just want to hear her voice and have her tell me she's okay. I have no clue what happened to her when she left and I fear the worst.

Tha anxiousness is clouded with anger as I think back to the day she left. I can't believe my mom didn't chase her. She just let her go. Doesn't she love her? Why didn't she fight for her? What did Ethan say?!?

My mind drives me crazy. I feel like I've been spending too much time in it again and I have no one to talk to. My mom isn't there and I'm not putting this pressure on the boys.

"Savannah, we really need you back in here." I hear AJ say as he abruptly opens the back door.

I sigh, knowing I have a responsibility as I enter the bar.

It's a busy night, one where I'm not exactly feeling it. I've been short with customers and have made tons of mistakes. I just can't focus with everything going on.

"Hey, can I have a beer?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I look up, my blue eyes meeting with Alex's brown ones.

"You." I say angrily as I walk out from behind the bar.

Her eyes widen as I walk over to her. She quickly stutter steps back, bumping into other patrons as I walk towards her at a fast pace.