Chapter Fifty-Two: I'm Thankful For You

Cami's POV:

"Graham, what did I tell you about leaving your shoes in the entryway?!" I yell as I enter the house.

I pick up my son's shoes, putting them in their proper place as I put my purse down and try to prepare myself to deal with my kids.

It's been a month since the last time I tasted Rhea's lips and I thought that it would bring me some type of closure, but I couldn't be more hurt. My heart misses her presence. It aches for her and even though she'll be here in about two days, it doesn't bring me any ease.

I offered for her to come to thanksgiving because I really miss her. I miss everything about her, even her shitty jokes. I miss her potshots and our banter, plus I know that Ethan will be hours away with his parents. 

Talking and falling in love with her was the easiest thing I've ever done, so trying to get over her doesn't feel possible. She's all I ever think and dream about. I can't get over her when she's constantly there.

I know I'm not the only one that misses her though. The boys fell in love with her just as effortlessly as I did. It has been really hard adjusting without her here, so bad that Beck is having frequent tantrums and outbursts. Today was one of those days he had to be sent home because his episode was so bad.

Beck has always had a slight temperament problem compared to my other kids. I wouldn't say it's his fault. If anything, it's probably a product of Ethan and I's dysfunction, but he had been doing so well when Rhea was around. It could have been because she was present and was able to give him more one on one attention, but he really bonded with her. He has not been doing well without her... no one has.

The only good thing to come out of Rhea being gone is my mom stepped up. She's been staying at the house still and actively participating in the boys' lives. I hate that Rhea leaving has to be the reason as to why she finally started showing up, but I'll take it at this point.

"What happened today?" I whisper to my mom as I enter the living room.

"He was having a hard time listening and distracting his classmates. I think he's just excited that Rhea is coming." My mom says.

I nod my head, knowing that's probably the truth. He's been struggling with his listening and participation, and doesn't take it well when the teacher corrects him. He didn't struggle this bad when he went to daycare, but he was also around less kids and had more attention on him throughout the day.

I sigh, "did he hit this time?"

"Yeah... he did." My mom reluctantly says.

I sigh as I bury my face into my hands. I know he needs counseling and probably needs to see a psychiatrist. This could be more than just Ethan, Rhea, and I. I know we play a part, but he could also be struggling with ADHD, anxiety, a learning disability, or even autism - all things that I'm not equip to help him with on my own.

"Have you given therapy any more thought?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, I have... the issue is the kids are under Ethan's insurance. He has to be notified if I'm going to be switching Beck over to mine and that's going to start a fight." I say.

"You can't pay out of pocket?" My mom asks

"I could, but with Ethan refusing to pay for things and me putting a good portion of my commissions aside to pursue the divorce, I'm up against a wall." I say, defeated.

I've been working a lot lately with my mom being around, so I've been able to put money aside for divorce fees. I've given it a lot of thought and I still want to go through with it, but this is a delicate situation. I have to have all my ducks in a row, but it's worth it for my family... a family that includes Rhea.