chapter 18 - christmas p1

Start from the beginning

"You look beautiful." He smiles softly and I feel myself blush, how does he do that? Does he have any idea what his words mean to me?

"Thank you."

"Let's go." He offers his hand and I shake my head.

"No Harry, I can't. You should spend it with your family. I'm fine." I smile weakly and he sighs.

"No Emily, I don't want you being alone. That hurts me more than you can imagine, please come with me. I was going to Cheshire yes, but bringing my bestie won't hurt anyone right?" He grins and I chuckle lightly. Yeah, bestie...

"Won't your family mind? I mean, maybe they only want family?" I ask him nervously and he shrugs.

"My mom thinks of you as family already, she won't mind."

Wait what? How does she know about me?

"What?" I ask him confused, making him widen his eyes for a seconds before smiling.

"That's a story for another time, now let's go."

"Give me five minutes." I tell him and open the door further so he could walk in.

"Why may I ask?" He puts his hands in jean pockets and looks around.

"I don't have any make-up on." I tell him.

"You don't need it, you look beautiful." He smiles warmly and I blush yet again. Come on! I never blush!

"But still, I feel more confident, and I need to get your present." I grin and he frowns but chuckles after.

"I told you I didn't want anything."

"Too bad mister." I grin and sprint upstairs. I put a bit of mascara on my lashes and redo my small bow. I grab the small box from my drawer and smile. I really hope he likes it, even though it's not much.

"Ready?" Harry smiles when I came down and I grab my jacket and nod. I'm pretty excited yet nervous to meet his folks. What if they don't like me? I know I'm nothing more than his friend... But still. I wish we were more though, but he doesn't feel the same way about me. I respect that.

"It's a pretty long drive." He tells me when I close the front door and we walk to his car. Harry opens the door for me, as usual, and I get it after thanking him. He walks around the hood and gets in the drivers seat.

"You don't mind long drives do you?" Harry asks when he starts the car.

"No not really, unless the music sucks." I smile and he chuckles.

"Well then you can chose." He gives me his iPhone which is connected to the car. I smile brightly and scroll through his music. He has a lot of music from Coldplay and oh my god, Troye Sivan.

"You seriously have Troye Sivan?" I look at him with wide eyes and he chuckles.

"Yeah, Gemma send his music to me one day. He's pretty good."

"He thinks you don't know him." I let out a laugh and put Happy Little Pill on.

"Then I'll follow him on Twitter." He grins and glances at me for a second.

"Aren't you a nice boy." I smirk and look out the window, I really want it to snow. Well not now, because it would be dangerous while driving to Cheshire. But I would've loved a white Christmas.

"Are you nervous?" Harry asks me, driving to the highway, his eyes not leaving the road.

"Very." I breath out and sit on my hands. I feel like a small child when I do this.