ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 160

3 years ago...

Savanna Malfoy:

Draco kisses my forehead. "Good job darling. You did it, and you're still here."

He takes my hand and kisses it as I smile back at him. I did it. I had my third baby and I'm still here and I feel fine.

The nurse returns to the room, with my completely clean baby. She places her in my arms.

She's beautiful.

"Serenity." I say.

Draco smiles with his teeth. "That was quick."

"That's her name." I tell him. "I think it's perfect."

"I couldn't agree more."

Draco leans down and kisses her forehead, fresh tears rolling down his face. "She's precious." 

He gets into bed next to me, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I look over to him. "I love you."

"I love you." He says.

"Thank you for making my dream come true."

He looks at me for a second. "Thank you for not dying on me."

I rest my head on his shoulder. "Remember when you were so jealous in school. When I would talk to any guy, and you would get jealous."

I remember the look on his face every time I would interact with a guy other than him. It really did bother him, and that's why I would purposely do it, because he would do the same to me. Maybe I was a little jealous myself.

"Me? Jealous?" He teases.

I laugh. "You really were."

"Hopelessly."

"Terribly." I say. "But you don't have to worry, I'm not going anywhere now."

"You brought out the best in me." He spoke. "I don't want you to ever forget that."

"How could I forget, I see it every day."

He holds me closer to him.

"I lost so much, Draco. So much, but I never lost your love. No matter how far away I was or how broken I was you still loved me. You still believed in me and you still thought I was incredible. Even after I wanted to risk my life to have this baby, you still believed I could do it and was willing to give it a try just to make my dream come true. I've never met anyone like you, and I think everyone deserves love like this."

Fresh tears leave his eyes. "I can't believe I spent so much of my time arguing with you when I could've been loving you for so much longer."

"Do you mind if I share a full disclosure?" I ask.

"Go ahead." He says wiping off his cheeks.

"I knew there was something special between us from the moment I met you at the astronomy tower that night. I felt something in my gut, and I decided not to listen to it because I knew about you, I had heard the rumors. You were being so annoying. But I know what I felt, it just took me a while to understand you. When I began to see the real you, I realized that you're the one I'm meant to be with. You're my soulmate. It's like I had no idea what I was missing my whole life without you."

"My thoughts on you exactly." He says. "I love you so much darling." He kisses the top of my head. "More than you'll ever know."

"I love you too." I say. "You're my person."

"I promise you, I'll never be hopelessly jealous again as long as you're here with me."

The End