ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 107

Six Days Later

My heart is racing. My head is spinning. My legs are aching. My body is burning.

I'm running. Running... alone.

"Draco!" I yell.

I can't find him. I don't know where he went.

I turn a corner and yell again. "Draco!!"

Nothing. Just the sound of destruction all around me. There's students running all over the place, panicking the same way I am.

Except they aren't by themselves for the most part.

I turn around and head to the great hall. Plates broken and silverware scattered across the length of the room.

"Help!" Someone yells. A little voice.

I look around the room and notice a little girl in the corner laying on the floor. Hufflepuff robes. She must be a first year, because she's small.

"Please help me." she says with tears in her eyes.

"What's happened?" I ask her.

I kneel down to her level and she winces. "My foot, I think it's broken. I was looking for my friends, I tripped."

"I'm guessing you can't stand?"

She shakes her head, "It really hurts."

I scoop her up in my arms and carry her out of the hall, "Let's get you to Madame Pomfrey."

"What your name?" I ask her.

"Haven."

"That's a pretty name."

She sniffles, "You're pretty."

I frantically walk as fast as I can holding her in my arms, dodging running people to the best of my ability.

"Thank you."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" she asks.

I nod, "Yes I do have a boyfriend."

"What's his name?"

"Draco."

She gasps, "Malfoy?"

I nod.

"I'm scared of him."

"Don't be scared of him." I say. "Between you and me, he's a big sweetheart."

Once we make it to the medical wing I get Madame Pomfrey's attention.

"This little girl hurt her foot." I say. "Can you take care of her?"

"I'm really busy at the moment. Maybe a couple minutes." she says.

I set the girl down on a bed and notice theres an unhealthy amount of people in here. It's unsettling.

There's a guy with a giant open wound on his forearm, and a girl with her hand twisted the wrong way. I shiver at all the people in here with nauseating wounds.