ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 110

Savanna's finally asleep when I get out of bed to put my clothes back on.

The sheets are covering her from the waist down and her hands are resting by her head. She turns her head to the side and takes a deep breath.

What a perfect human being. I don't see a single flaw.

I always look at her and wonder how a human being can be so beautiful without even trying. She's absolute perfection.

Do I wake her up and tell her how beautiful she is even though i've told her a million times already? No, I think i'll let her sleep.

I love that now she feels comfortable enough to sleep in my bed completely naked. She feels safe with me, and I absolutely love that.

I stretch and pull the bottom half of my clothes on, but stop when I glance at myself in the mirror and see my upper half.

There's a big bruise on my shoulder, and a couple scratches on my face. Oh well, could be much worse. I glance over at Savanna and see the cut on her jawline from days ago.

I finish getting dressed and climb back into the bed next to her, and prop myself up on my elbow.

I decide to watch her sleep for some relaxation. I've done this before, she's a heavy sleeper.

Her chest rises and falls with slow breaths. How can someone make breathing look so peaceful? How can someone make sleeping look so breathtaking? I'll never know the answer to those questions. She possesses some sort of power.

I'm glad she's not crying anymore. Nothing hurts my heart more than seeing her cry. She's strong and stubborn, so I know when she's crying something is definitely wrong.

I get closer to her. "You're adorable." I whisper.

"I heard that." she mumbles, with her eyes still closed.

"I thought you were asleep?" I say cocking an eyebrow.

She sighs. "We have a newborn daughter Draco. I'm kind of used to not getting much sleep."

Suddenly I feel bad for disturbing her.

"Oh." I say. "I'm sorry. Get some more sleep."

"You don't have to tell me twice." she says, stirring and rolling over onto her stomach.

She hugs the pillow beneath her and nuzzles the side of her face into it. A soft smile appears on her face.

I kiss her on the forehead and run my hand along her bare back.

She didn't open her eyes for that whole conversation. I'm glad she knew it was me without having to look.

There's loud banging on the door and Savanna jolts awake.

As I make my way to the door I hesitate, just before a hear the voice of the person on the other side.

"Open up Malfoy!"

Pansy.

You've got to be fucking kidding.

"Go away!!" I yell back.

"No! Let me in!!"

Savanna sits up and covers herself with the sheets. "Whatever just let her in."

"But she's a bitch." I whisper, pointing at the door.

"I won't stop banging on this door until you let me in!!" Pansy yells.

Savanna rolls her eyes. "Let her in. Just let me sleep and tell her not to be loud."

She lays back down on her stomach, her back being revealed again. I suppose she doesn't care about Pansy seeing.

I open the door and she storms into the room with her hands in tight fists by her side.

"Why is she here?" Pansy asks looking towards Savanna.

How idiotic could she possibly be.

My expression hardens. "First of all, I had a baby with her. Why wouldn't she be here? And second, lower your loud ass voice because she's trying to sleep. Hiraeth has kept her up, and she's been having nightmares. Which means lots of restless nights. So mark my words, you will not bother her while she finally gets the chance to relax."

Her eyes are wide at me. "Calm the fuck down."

I shake my head. "No. I don't think you know how much she's done. I'll be damned if she doesn't get the rest she deserves because of you."

I look back at Savanna, drifting asleep to the best of her ability.

"Why are you even here?" I ask.

"I got separated from Theo and I don't know where anyone went. This whole school is quiet and i've been banging and knocking on all the Slytherin dorms and you're the only person that actually said something."

I roll my eyes. "So? What the hell does that have to do with me?"

"So, I need the protection of a man." She says.

Absolutely not.

"No."

Pansy frowns. "Why?"

"Oh it would take me years to complete the list."

"C'mon Draco you've known me all this time and you can't just have a little mercy?"

Savanna mumbles. "Draco it's fine."

I sigh. "You can stay with us until you find Theo. But I want you gone as soon as I see him."

"Deal." Pansy says walking towards the bed.

She sits down on the edge of it and stares at Savanna.

"Can you put some clothes on her or something? I don't like knowing that you definitely just fucked."

I shake my head. "No. She's comfortable, and if you want to stay here you'll shut your mouth about it."

She looks at me in annoyance and then goes back to Savanna.

"Can I ask some questions without you snapping at me?"

I cross my arms and lean against the wall. "Depends."

"Why are you so different? I've noticed. There's been parties and you never miss the parties, and you've been so closed off."

"I'm mature now. I have to be. For her sake and Hiraeth's sake."

She furrows her eyebrows.

"I'm not the same because of her." I point to Savanna, and walk over to her.

I smooth Savanna's hair out of her face.

"I don't like it." Pansy says.

"I wasn't asking." I say with a fake smile on my face.

"Why do you love her so much? What's different about her from everyone else? Like does she have some sort of kink that turns you on or something? Or because she's a model?" Pansy asks.

"Well because—"

She interrupts."Is it because she has boobs? Are you a boob guy?"

I shake my head and laugh a little. "I don't love her because she has boobs. I love that about her, but that's not the reason I love her."

Pansy continues to look at Savanna. I know she wants to say something insulting by the way she's looking at her.

"I love her for lots of reasons, and it would also take years to complete the list."