ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 154

"He's too small for these clothes." I laugh. "Especially this onesie."

I hold Sterling up in front of me.

"They said newborn." Draco says.

"He's swimming in it." I kiss his forehead. "He's too tiny."

"Maybe we should get him some preemie clothes." Draco suggests.

"Good idea."

Suddenly there's a knock at the door.

Draco opens it.

"Can I meet my grandson?" My dad asks.

My dad got fully moved into the manor today. He's so excited about it, but he hasn't met Sterling yet. He's been so busy, but I think it's really important for him to have special time with my kids, especially since almost losing me.

By the time my dad makes his way to me, Sterling is settling in my arms.

I hand him to my father, and I can see the tears forming in his eyes.

"He's perfect." He says. "He's the best mix of you two."

He leans down and kisses his forehead.

"He's so small." He says.

"I have no idea why, he's not a preemie. Hiraeth was small too."

"Where is she?"

"Napping." Draco says. "She's at that age where she has so much energy. I'm glad she's finally getting some sleep."

I remember when Hiraeth was as old as Sterling. It wasn't a great time in our lives. Everyone's eyes were on her, and everyone was scared of what she was capable of. She was just a baby.

I'm glad we're in a safer place now.

"Did you show her yet?" My father asks Draco.

"Show me what?" 

Draco smiles. "I'll show her right now. Can you take care of him?"

"Of course."

"Close your eyes." Draco says.

I close them, trusting him to lead me wherever we're going.
We go down the stairs, and then i'm not sure where we're going anymore.

When Draco says I can open my eyes, we're standing in front of two big doors, still inside the manor.

"Ready?" He asks, placing his hands on the doors.

I nod with a smile and he pushes them open.

"Surprise!!!!!"

My hands cover my mouth. It's Blaise and Teila. But what really draws my attention, is the giant room they're in.

It's a ballroom. It's just what I asked Draco for, and he made it happen. Just like he always does.

He's the best husband.

"Draco." I look at him smiling back at me. "I love it." I stand on my tippy toes and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Go see." He nudges me.

I run in there and it's even bigger than I thought. I wrap my arms around Teila and Blaise and give them a big hug.

I haven't seen them in so long. "We're staying here for the weekend." Teila says.

"Courtesy of your baby daddy." Blaise says.

Teila smacks his in the arm. "Stop being fucking weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Baby daddy? Really?"