ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 137

"You look absolutely beautiful, Savanna."

I fan my face with my hands, trying to keep myself from crying because this is actually happening.

My hair is in a low updo and there's a braided piece coming from the front going into it. Of course my veil is pinned in. My dress is on and Narcissa said the back of it was too pretty to have my hair down.

I never wear my hair up, so this'll be interesting for a change.

"Thank you." I say to Teila. "But look at you." I point to her in her champagne dress.

"Oh hush. You're the bride, you're gonna have to learn to take compliments." She wraps her arms around me. "Relax. Draco's getting ready too, and he's nervous too."

I take a deep breath. "Thank you, but you know that's not true. He doesn't get nervous."

"You'll be fine." She says.

"But what if I mess up my vows? I don't have them written down. Half of the school is out there. Why did we choose to write our own—"

Narcissa grabs my hand. "Calm down, darling. I promise, everything will be alright. Just speak from your heart."

I place my hand on my chest feeling the erratic beat of my heart. I take another deep breath.

Narcissa looks down at her watch. "Five minutes until showtime. I'll go get your father."

Teila walks me to the entrance doors and I just stand there nervously until Narcissa arrives with my father. He has a half smile on his face until he sees me. Then it turns into a full one.

"You look amazing, Dad." I say with a slight giggle.

He sniffles as he wraps his arms around me. "So beautiful."

"Please don't cry, because then i'll cry and I don't wanna ruin my makeup."

"But my little girl is getting married." He pulls back and looks at me again. Wiping the tears from his eyes. "Well, I guess you're not so little anymore."

"Dad..." I hug him again.

Wow. This is going to be way harder than I thought.

"Are you sure he's going to take good care of you?" He asks.

I nod. "The best. You know I would never settle for less than that."

"That's my girl."

I raise my arms and wipe the tears from his cheeks. As i'm doing this I can hear Blaise get on the mic to test it. He stands in the middle of the dance floor and begins to speak.

I look between the door crack. "Hello? Okay I guess this is working." He says. "Before this wedding I have something to say that's extremely important. If you don't know, this is the wedding of Draco Malfoy and Savanna Holcombe. If you have no idea who they are... you probably shouldn't even be here. Also, if you are against this marriage or think you can break them apart, your exits are here, here, and here." Blaise signals to the exits like a flight attendant.

I laugh at him.

"What on Earth is he doing?" Teila asks in concern.

Blaise continues. "Okay, now pretend you didn't see me cause I gotta walk down the aisle." He runs out of a separate exit and heads our way.

Teila turns to me. "I'm so sorry he did that."

I shake my head. "It's okay, he's looking out for us. I actually really appreciate it."

"Places everyone." Narcissa says. "You know when to go right, darling?" She asks me.

I nod.

Narcissa walks in the direction Blaise comes running from. "Good luck."