ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43

Cedric Diggory.

I'm dating Cedric Diggory.

I asked him out yesterday and he said yes.

We should really normalize girls asking out the guys. It needs to happen more often.

I was thinking about asking out Harry, just to really bug Draco.

But I figured that Harry would be a little too awkward.

Cedric was an easy target. He's handsome and very tall. He's quite pretty for a guy.

I know Hufflepuffs and Slytherins make good friends, but big relationships don't seem to work out as well.

Draco is always talking about how girls love Cedric. Which i'm not surprised by. He despises everyone that has a good reputation.

I expect Cedric to be way more mature than Draco. He's older than him after all.

I told him to meet me at the astronomy tower tonight to make it official.

I know it seems awful using him to get back at Draco. But I feel like if this goes good tonight, maybe I could actually love him.

I wore the clothes I wore to school today.

A Hufflepuff girl would probably wear a floral dress with ruffles and pretty bows of pastel colors.

But I didn't. I'm a Slytherin. I'm standing by my own pride.

I arrived first, and waited while gazing at the night sky.

I noticed a new one tonight. One I had never seen before.

It looked different from the rest, slightly larger and not jumbled together with the others.

It twinkled beautifully, as if it was a ball of glitter.

I sighed and tried to find constellations.

I traced the stars with my finger in the air and found both the little dipper and the big dipper before my arm went limp and fell back to the railing with my other one. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before my date.

However, it wasn't very calming when I heard the sound of laugher coming from the stairs.

I turned around to see Draco and Samantha staring back at me as if I had two heads.

"What are you doing here?! I'm pretty sure me and Draco claimed this spot tonight." Samantha asked wildly.

Finally gaining some confidence, I rolled my eyes, "You can't really claim the tower."

Her mouth hung open, "Sure I can. Draco babe, tell her to leave."

Draco's expression remained blank. For the first time ever, he looked shy.

I almost laughed.

"My apologies. But you can't make me leave when I was here first."

Samantha stormed up to me after I said that.

She had her wand out like a maniac. She pressed me against the bars of the tower, her wand stabbing my neck.

"Are these... hickies?" she asked.

It then hit me that the hickies Draco left still remained on my neck.

I didn't have time to answer her,

before my date arrived.