ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 133

Draco Malfoy:

"Savanna, i'm sorry." I say with my hands wrapped around her waist.

She stands on her tippy toes with a wet paper towel in her hand, wiping the blood from my nose.

I found her in this bathroom crying, and when she saw me she started cleaning me up without a single word escaping her mouth.

She's still crying now. I didn't mean to make her cry. I hate seeing her cry. But I can't help it, I get angry when a guy messes with her. That's the one thing about me that hasn't changed.

"Please stop crying. You know it breaks my heart when you cry." I plead.

She stares at me impassively and shakes her head.

This is all my fault. I shouldn't have gotten so upset. I should've just told Adrian to leave instead of getting physical.

I shouldn't have pushed Savanna's hand away when she was only trying to help me.

I'm an idiot.

She moves the hair away from my forehead. I feel even more ashamed when she sees the blood there.

She grabs another paper towel and begins wiping that spot. She's so gentle and careful with me, even though I know she's mad and upset.

Once my forehead is cleaned, she lets my hair fall back onto it.

She looks right into my eyes for a moment before laying her head against my chest. Instead of wrapping her arms around me, one of her hands grabs the sleeve of my suit.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

This seems to only make her cry more. "No." She sobs. "You didn't. You were too busy getting punched."

"I'm so sorry, darling. What can I do?" I ask.

"Don't get so violent with people. Especially when you're going to be my husband. Imagine if you acted like that in front of Hiraeth."

"I wouldn't."

"But what if you did."

She pulls away from me and looks in my eyes again. "You can't act like that anymore. If you act like that in front of Hiraeth it'll traumatize her. And you get yourself hurt. I hate seeing you hurt."

I don't want to scare my daughter. She doesn't deserve to see me act like that.

"You have to promise me, that when you're my husband you'll stop doing that." She says.

"I promise."

She presses a kiss to my neck. "Thank you." She says.

I wipe the tears from under her eyes. "I promise." I repeat.

She wraps her arms around my neck and brings her lips to mine.

She kisses me like she needs me to kiss her. So I kiss her the way she needs it. I lift her up from the back of her thighs and her legs wrap around my waist. I gently set her down on the countertop.

I notice how she keeps trying to get me closer to her, but i'm not sure how much closer I can get. I'm pressed right up against her between her legs.

She grabs onto my hair and I start to get a little concerned. Every time we act like this it leads to more, because it starts to get hard to stop.

I know Savanna wants to wait, so I won't let this get out of hand.

Apparently she's thinking the same thing, because she pulls away from me and let's her head fall on my shoulder. "Please, for my sake, step away from me."

I do as she says and she places both of her hands flat against the countertop beneath her.

"I'm sorry." I say.

She shakes her head. "Don't apologize, it's me that wants to wait, not you."

I hold out my hands and she takes them. "Well, if you want to wait, I want to wait. It's no fun if you don't want it."

"That's the problem. I want it. I want it so bad. I just know that it'll be better if we wait."

"Then we'll wait. If you think it'll be better, then we'll wait." I say.

Waiting or not, every time i'm intimate with Savanna it's special in my heart. I'm perfectly fine with saving it for our wedding night.

I think Savanna has trouble realizing this because she always seems to feel bad when moments like these happen and she has to pull herself away from me.

I bring myself close to her again, and press a kiss to her forehead. "I love you."

She smiles. "I love you too."