ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 109

~ smut

Savanna Holcombe:

When we come down from the tower everything is still. Eerie. Too quiet.

There's no one to be found. No one's running through the castle anymore. No one's panicking to find safety.

"I think we should be fine to go back to our dorm for now. But let's not get too comfortable." Draco says.

He wears an expression on his face that's unreadable.

I glance down at my fist and notice how red my knuckles are. I try to bend my fingers and they're sore. Unfortunately punching someone isn't as badass as it seems.

Draco and I walk in silence the rest of the way to our dorm. We carefully open our door hesitantly, not knowing anything for sure.

He heads straight for the bathroom and kneels down to open the cabinet under the sink and pull out a rag. I sit on the edge of the bed and watch him hold his fingers under the running water and make sure it's the right temperature. He wets the rag and wrings it out, bringing it over to me.

He takes a seat next to me and motions for me to sit in his lap. I straddle him and he brings the rag up to the space above my lip.

I can't help but notice he still has that blank expression on his face.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

He shakes his head and sniffs back what looks like tears. "What he said about Hiraeth. What he said about you."

I hold his face in my hands. "He can't talk about her that way. She's just a baby. It's sickening."

"He can't talk about you that way either. He speaks his mind. I know he's picturing everything he says out loud." A tear fall down Draco's cheek, and I catch it with my thumb.

He cleans up my whole nose, not once looking disgusted at the blood.

I kiss him on the cheek and he looks me straight in the eyes. I run my fingers through his thick blonde hair and lean his head forward to meet my lips.

I give him a long kiss on the top of his head.

Once I try to pull away he pulls me into him by my waist. He presses his lips to my throat and kisses me until he arrives at my jawline.

This is where he pauses and takes a look at me. I can see a faint smile tease his lips and a tear falls from his other eye.

I wipe that one away too. My eyes drift to his lips. I drag my thumb slowly across his bottom one. Pillow soft, even after a fight.

I so badly want to kiss him right now. But I don't know if it's a good idea if he's crying.

But he takes my chin in his fingers and pulls me to his lips. I guess I don't have to worry about what I was just thinking.

He pulls back. "Savanna." he whispers.

I look at him to let him know i'm listening.

"I didn't think soulmates were real until I met you." There goes another tear. "God, you make me such a mess." He looks down trying to hide from me.

Noises escaping his mouth.

Oh, my heart.

He rests his head against my chest and I hold him against me.

After a minutes or two of me holding him like this, I realize i'm speechless. He lifts his head, finally feeling calm.

"I think I love you too much." I admit.