ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 120

I'm not sure if going home was much better.

I took one look at Hiraeth and backed away, running out of the nursery and into my room.

When I say my room, I mean mine and Savanna's. That's the worst part.

My mother didn't chase me, didn't try to stop me, she let me go.

I crawled into bed and stared at the ceiling, crying because I can't even look at my own daughter. I'm such an awful father.

But now that Savanna is gone, Hiraeth looks more like her. I can't look at her and be reminded of what happened. I'm trying my best to sweep the thought away.

But I can't.

I cry, my body slightly jolting with my sobs.

"Savanna darling. If you can hear me, make it stop. Please, come back. Make it stop, it hurts."

I'm all alone in this bed. I've never felt so empty, so incomplete. This is a pain I've never felt before, and I wouldn't wish this type of pain on my worst enemy, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. No one deserves to feel like this.

I turn to my side, noticing how her spot is blank. She's not there. She's not here to tell me that she loves me as I fall asleep in her arms. She's not here to calm me down and hold my hand to let me know she's there for me through it all.

I grip onto the sheets and cry until my eyes hurt so much that I cry even harder.

How will I make it out of this alive.