ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 66

Draco Malfoy:

Savanna hasn't woken up since the incident. She's unconscious.

In the hospital wing, her and I lay in beds. All bandaged up and exhausted.

Professor Dumbledore heard Savanna's last cry for help and came to get us. He magicked us back to safety.

She lays in the bed to the left of me, my arm reached out, holding her hand in mine. I rub my thumb on her hand, hoping she'll be awake soon.

The last thing she remembers is me telling her we'd be okay. Which was correct thankfully.

When she went under the water, her body went limp and she gave me a panic attack.

I haven't seen Tom at all since. He must've left after leaving us to die.

He has something seriously against us.

I attempt to move closer to her but I stop myself when I feel the shooting pain in my abdomen.

I have two big bandages over my stab wounds.

Savanna's neck is bandaged up as well.

Madame Pomfrey said it would take days to heal up. I'm impatient.

She also said that when Savanna wakes, she might be able to take a look at Savanna's stomach. There's some form hope for our baby.

It's driving me insane seeing Savanna asleep like this. I wanna hug and kiss her. Tell her about how we made it.

I sit here impassive in the empty room thinking about everything that happened in the short span of time.

Savanna's eyes are puffy and red from crying. Her eyelashes fall gracefully and long.

God she's so... irresistibly beautiful.

It honestly pisses me off that some guys don't tell girls things like that. They need to be more like me.

Madame Pomfrey walks back into the room, "Has she woken yet?!" she asks frantically.

I shake my head and she walks over to Savanna.

She presses two fingers on the side of her neck quickly.

She huffs in relief, "She has a pulse. She'll be just fine." she smiles.

I still, and I can feel Savanna's fingers slightly move.

Madame Pomfrey shoots me a happy look, "I'll leave you to talk to her. I'll be back in 10."

She walks out of the hall, leaving me alone with Savanna.

Her fingers still moving, I look up at her face and see her eyes beginning to open in the slightest.

"Savanna?" I whisper.

She mumbled something I can't understand.

I hoist my legs off on the bed, clutch my side, and kneel down next to her.

"Savanna we're okay." I tell her.

"We're- o-kay." she repeats.

Her eyes widen at the sight of me, and I see the life in her body come back. She grabs the back of my neck and pulls me to her.

Our lips collide and I feel my emotions trickle back.

I rub her stomach softly and she places her hand on top of mine.

Savanna releases her lips from mine and she lifts up the shirt Madame Pompey gave her.

I see a giant bruise on the left lower side of her stomach.

I feel like crying.

It's blue and purple and red. It's swollen and looks extremely painful.

I want to rip Tom to pieces for doing that to her.

Not to mention our unborn child.

A tear runs down my cheek, and I wipe it immediately.

Savanna turns my face back towards hers. Tears fall from her eyes too.

"We tried." she says through a fake smile.

"Madame Pomfrey said there's still a chance." I say.

Savanna shakes her head, "It's fine Draco i'm fine."

I can see in her eyes that she doesn't mean that.

She hasn't been fine.

I kiss her hand and hold it a little tighter. If I could marry her at this age I would.

We're lucky we're not dead right now.

We don't say any more words to each other until Madame Pomfrey comes back.

She immediately places her hand on Savanna's stomach.

She rubs around and makes sure to be carful around her bruise. She swallows hard and Savanna bites her lip.

Savanna looks completely unsteady. I rub her hand in mine and I watch as Madame Promfrey turns to us.

"She didn't make it." she says, frown deepening on her face.

Savanna's face crumbles and she curls her legs up.

Tears falls from both my eyes when I see Savanna in this state.

"Did you say... she?" Savanna sobs.

"Yes. Your baby would've been a girl. With magic it's easy to tell during first trimester."

She apologizes for our loss and then proceeds out of the room, leaving Savanna and I alone once more.

She's sick. I can see it. She's pale and worn down. She's coughing and sniffling.

I place my hand on her forehead, "Darling you're burning up."

"I'm sorry." she mumbles.

I give her a confused look. What could she possibly be sorry for?

"For everything." she continues, "I'm so sorry he hurt you. It's all my fault."

I lean closer to her, "None of this was in your control."