ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 153

I'm on the middle of burping Sterling, who is now a full week old.

Gosh time flies.

Draco went out with Hiraeth to buy some more baby clothes. I put Hiraeth in charge, she'll know what to get.

She barges in my room. "Daddy got a tattoo." She laughs and closes the door.

"What?" I immediately head out the door of my bedroom with my newborn baby.

Draco is in the hallway holding Hiraeth. I continue patting Sterling's back in my hands.

"What did you do?" I ask.

He looks at me with a scared expression. "I got a tattoo."

"Come here and show me."

He sets Hiraeth down on the ground, and comes towards me.

I turn him away from me with my hand that isn't holding Sterling. "Where is it? Please don't let it be on your ass."

"Haha!!! Mommy said ass!" Hiraeth laughs.

"Hiraeth Charity!" I scold.

"It's not." Draco says. "I actually think you'll like it."

He pulls his left sleeve up and i'm suddenly brought back to that night at the tower. When he showed me his dark mark when he was about to jump off.

I force the thought out of my head.

I actually do like this tattoo. I think I might love it.

It's barbed wire. It's wrapping around his forearm and wrist where the mark once was. It represents his strength. How could I not absolutely love it.

I sigh. "I love it."

"You're not mad?" He asks.

"Not at all."

He smiles, then wiggles his fingers on Sterling's back. "You feed him?"

"Yeah, i'm trying to burp him. I've been doing this for minutes."

Just when I say that, he lets out a huge baby burp.

All three of us laugh at the sound.

But my laughing stops when I feel something wet on my shoulder.

"He just spit up all over me." I turn around and head back to our bedroom.

I set him down on the changing table from Narcissa and grab a wet rag from the bathroom, and wipe off his mouth

Draco walks in and I remove my shirt, turning away from him. "Did you end up getting any clothes?"

"Yes, a good few actually."

Sterling starts crying.

"Can you hold him, rock him a little?" I ask.

"Of course I can." He says enthusiastically.

I look for a new shirt.

Draco tries to calm him down. "Shhhhh, there there."

It seems to have worked, because he's silent again.

"Darling, why are you hiding from me?"

I sigh. I was really hoping he wouldn't notice this time. "Because i'm postpartum."

I look back, still not turning my body towards him.

Sterling is perfectly calm in his arms, almost asleep. But Draco is looking at me like he's upset.

"You know nothing you do could disgust me." He says.

I grab a new shirt from the dresser and begin to put it over my head.

"Stop." Draco demands. "Put that down."

I do as he says. Somehow every bit of my will to be more powerful than him has drained away.

"It's different Draco, i've had two kids now."

"Turn around." He says.

I shake my head.

"Darling."

The "darling" thing always gets me. Ugh, Draco I hate you. Who am I kidding, I obviously don't mean that.

I turn around and suddenly I begin to think about everything he's seeing.

My breasts that are bigger than normal from the milk, hiding behind my bra. My belly that is even more stretched and scarred than before. My hair in a bun because I haven't had time to wash it. My dark under eyes from lack of sleep.

I'm hideous.

Draco smiles though. "Beautiful."

The worst part about this, is that I can't even feel like shit when i'm around him, because he means everything he says.  He looks at me and he tells the truth.

He thinks i'm beautiful no matter what I look like.

I don't know what's happening. All I know is there's tears rolling down my cheeks right now that I can't control.

I put my face in my hands and let it out. "No, no i'm not."

"Savanna, baby." He pulls my head to his chest with his free hand. "Please don't cry."

"I feel so stupid."

"You're not stupid, my love." He says.

I sink to my knees on the floor, Draco and Sterling going with me.

He kisses me on the forehead. "You're beautiful. Don't ever try to convince me otherwise."

Hiraeth walks into the room, and I quickly wipe my tears away. "I picked you a flower."

She hands me a beautiful red rose. "It's from the garden."

"It's beautiful." I say, taking it from her tiny hands.

"Just like you." Hiraeth says.

I look at Draco and he's smiling. Maybe I believe it after all.

This is my family. My family that was made from Draco and I.

I wrap my arms around Hiraeth and Draco holding Sterling. Our first family hug. I love them so much.