ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 159

Hiraeth Malfoy:

Hey Mom and Dad, my first day was alright. It wasn't as bad as I thought. But I did get stared at, I'm not sure why. But the big news I needed to share with you, was that I did get sorted into Slytherin. The hat didn't even touch my head. I guess they know who my father is. I made a couple friends too, on the train. Some girls were nice enough to talk to me. Only one of them was sorted into the same house as me though. At least I have a couple friends. I appreciate you getting me my own dorm. It's nice, but it's really quiet. Hopefully I can make some more friends. I really like the school, I'm definitely not as nervous anymore. It's so pretty and magical here, just like you said. I already miss you so much, and I can't wait to tell you more.

I love you, more than words can say.

- Hiraeth

I drop my pen on my desk, suddenly wanting to explore the castle. I put on a sweatshirt and head out.

The astronomy tower is where my mom met my dad. I figured i'd go there, maybe it'll be a relaxing spot, because the day I had hasn't exactly been the best.

I sugarcoated what I told my parents in my letter. People were talking about me at dinner. I know they were. My parents are Savanna and Draco Malfoy. They're known around here. But they're mostly known for having me so young, at least that's what I assume.

When I make it to the top of the tower, i'm met with a little surprise. There's a boy up here, he's just sitting against the bars.

He looks at me and then I back away. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No it's alright, stay." He says.

I immediately notice his Slytherin robes, and his hair. Oh and his face. He has black messy hair, and fair skin.

"You're a Malfoy, right?"

I sigh. "How do you know?"

"I haven't seen hair that blonde since I got here." He says. "I figured you belonged to Draco."

I sit down next to him. "So who are you?"

He laughs at me. "Jared." He says. "Who are you?"

"Hiraeth."

"Pretty." He says.