ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

One day blurred into one week of not speaking to Draco.

He made efforts to talk to me, perhaps explain himself.

But I didn't want to know anything else that would ruin me.

I spent all my time in the library, studying and studying.

Working my ass off to distract myself from the whole thing.

I decided to go today. I wanted a new book to read. Not one for school, but one for myself.

I wandered through the aisles to try to find something.

When I went to one of the shelves I heard Blaise's voice.

Blaise's voice arguing with my ex boyfriend.

"Draco please. You've hurt her enough I don't know why you keep trying to make this better." Blaise scolded.

"I don't know what to do. But you don't understand. No one does. It's difficult." Draco stammered.

"Well- listen. I know Savanna. She's not going to forgive you or believe a word that comes out of your mouth."

Blaise was right about that..

Draco's voice broke, as if he was about to cry, "The nightmares haven't stopped. I'm not sure what's real anymore."

"Haven't you taken enough from her? You took her love, her patience, her time, her energy, and her heart." Blaise said, "She can't get that back."

On the verge of tears I stood, eves dropping from the other side of the book shelf.

"I-I don't know what to do. Please i'm begging you please help me." Draco pleaded.

I had never been so confused.

Why was Draco begging for help?

"You were so happy. You were so happy you got to fuck her when no one else could. You were so happy that you got someone like her. You know why Draco? Because she's everything you can't control." Blaise argued.

"I know but-"

"There's nothing you can say about that. Unfortunately for you, Savanna isn't stupid enough to fall into your trap a second time."

Draco was crying now, I could hear him sniffling and getting choked on words.

"You've seen us together. You-you see how I look at her right?!" Draco asked.

"I don't know man. You look at her like- like she's- nevermind."

Draco pushed out a breath.

There was one thought I had, that came up a million times.

I am mine, before I am ever anyone else's.

And I should've thought about that more before I fell for Draco.

"You were so.. possessive over her Draco. You wouldn't let anyone look at or touch her except you. And before you dated her... you were hopelessly jealous. You were. And you always will be. You're too scared to admit it to yourself."

I didn't hear another word before I walked out.

This didn't seem like the end of our story, not yet.