ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 51

Just after we ate dinner I was winding down, and preparing to go on my walk with Blaise.

I told Blaise to go ahead and get ready and that i'll meet up with him in a bit.

I grabbed an apple from the center of the Slytherin table to snack on later. I was the last one to leave the hall, or so I thought.

Harry came up behind me and tapped my shoulder. I turned around to face him and he began talking.

"Listen, um. I'm sorry about what I did at lunch it was stupid of me. I've had sort of a crush on you all year and I didn't know how to say it. And I know you're dating Cedric, i'm just a real bloody idiot. My mistake." he explains.

I tossed the apple back and forth between my hands, "It's alright Harry, i'm flattered."

"Good. Good. I should get going, i'm not supposed to be here." he began walking away.

I stopped tossing my apple then.

"Harry wait." he turns around to face me again, "What do you mean, your 'not supposed to be here?'"

"I was told to stay away from you." he tells me.

My eyes narrow, "Who told you that?"

"Malfoy."

I push out a breath. Clenching my fist that didn't have the apple in it.

"He said, 'you need to stay away from her or i'll hurt you until there's nothing left to hurt.' But I couldn't help explaining myself." Harry said.

"He's fucking vile." I say through gritted teeth before I leave the hall without another word.

~

I meet Blaise in the common room.

I explained to him what Harry told me tonight about Draco, just as we were beginning our walk.

Blaise seemed just as annoyed as I was.

We exited the common room, and roamed the dark and empty hallways.

"How are you and Ced doing?" he asks me.

I sigh, "We're doing great, he was just a little shaken after seeing Harry kiss me today. I hope he brushed it off."

"Savanna, be honest with me. Have you really moved on? Or are you just telling yourself that."

I think cautiously about his words, taking them in like a breath.

I open my mouth but no words come out.

"You haven't. You really haven't." he whispers.

"I don't know what you mean." I say, not willing to say anything else.

He rolls his eyes, "Yes you do. Both you and Draco still love each other and I know that. I can see it."

"But he never loved me at all." I argue.

"Oh yes he did. He might not have when he wrote that note, but he definitely felt something for you after that." he explains, "You will never forgive him for he did, and that's just a fact. But... you would shake that off in a heartbeat because you still love him."

I shudder at his words. At the... somehow surreal truth?

I can't tell if it's the truth or not. I'm so confused but at the same time I understand.

You've seen us together. You-you see how I look at her right?!

Draco's begging replayed in my head.

And when I told you I loved you I meant it. I'll always mean it Savanna.

I thought of the way his voice cracked and broke on that sentence. The way he sounded like he was about to shatter.

Please forgive me. I love you. I'll never stop loving you.

I shouldn't be feeling this way right now.

This is wrong.

Beyond wrong.

"I'm speechless." I mumble.

"I can see that. Look I don't know what you guys want, but if you are still thinking about each other like this, maybe you should rethink things. Draco's a complete mess, i've never seen him act like this before." Blaise shares.

"I heard you guys in the library that day." I admit.

His eyes go wide, "So you heard everything Draco said. You heard how desperate he sounded."

"Every word."

"I'm convinced he's gone mad. He's- acting like he doesn't know how to live."

He doesn't. I want to say.

He almost jumped off the tower.

All I do is sigh, "I'm leaving tomorrow for a while, with Draco. We have to go home together. Maybe i'll talk to him."

"Good idea." Blaise nods.

After a little more talking, we decided it was late enough and that we should part ways and go to bed.

"Goodnight mouse. Sweet dreams and good luck tomorrow." Blaise said as he lifted me off of the ground and hugged me.

"Thank you for talking to me tonight." I kiss him on the cheek and head back to my dorm for bed.