ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 136

Savanna Holcombe:

Draco and I arrive at the venue in Hogsmeade. It's a beautiful ballroom with floating candles lighting it.

There's lots and lots of circle tables all around the big room. Big wedding, yikes. We invited everyone from Hogwarts in our year except for Adrian. He was nothing but disrespectful to us, so now he faces the consequences.

Although this is a large wedding, Draco and I don't have groomsmen or bridesmaids. We just have a best man and a maid of honor. Teila and Blaise, the two who were there for us since the beginning.

Tonight is our rehearsal dinner, which is exciting but also terrifying, because that means our wedding is tomorrow.

We graduated yesterday night, which was more emotional than I anticipated. I was upset coming to the realization that I wouldn't step in this school again next year. Hogwarts is my comfort place. It's where I met Draco, it's where I met my friends. It's my home.

We still sleep there tonight, but we leave tomorrow afternoon. We have to clean out our dorms since we won't be returning after that.

I think it's safe to say that Draco and I both have a lot on our minds.

"Hiraeth's here with Narcissa." Teila says. "Go see her."

I smile, turning away and walking towards the entrance to the ballroom. I always forget how grown she is until I see her. She's three now, so i'm a little more prepared for the shock.

Just as I arrive the the doors, they open and Hiraeth immediately sees me and runs towards me.

Her cute little smile is the best part. It's the most genuine smile i've ever seen. She's happy, and i'm happy too.

I kneel down are hold her against me. "Hi baby."

"I missed you Mommy." She says.

"I missed you too." I say, trying to hold back my tears.

I run my fingers through her beautiful blonde hair, thinking of Draco every time I touch it. I smile knowing that after tomorrow we'll all be together no matter what.

We'll be a real family.

"Where's Daddy?" She asks me.

"He's putting flowers in vases on the tables." I find him and point to him, giving Hiraeth a little push. "Go get him."

She giggles and runs in his direction. The second that giggle leaves her mouth, Draco looks up from what he's doing and holds his arms out to her.

"Daddy!" She yells.

He picks her up and spins around a couple times with her in his arms. He kisses her on the cheek. "I missed you, angel."

"I missed you too, Daddy." She says.

I watch Draco grab a small red rose from one of the tables and give it to her. I walk towards them so I can hear them better.

When I make it to them, I see Hiraeth look at me then whisper in Draco's ear.

He smiles at me. "You're right, she does look really pretty, doesn't she?"

I smile at the ground, loving that they think I look pretty.

"You look nice too, Daddy." Hiraeth says.

He thanks her and I remember what we haven't told Hiraeth about yet.

"So Hiraeth, after the wedding tomorrow, Daddy and I are going away for a while. But then we'll come home and we'll stay there."

"Why are you going?" She asks.

"It's what people do after they get married. It's called a honeymoon."

"What do you do there?"

Draco looks at me with wide eyes.

"Um.. we just have fun together."

"Yeah." Draco says. "Lots of fun."

I kick him in the leg and he grunts.

"What's so fun about it?" Hiraeth asks.

Narcissa steps in as awkwardly as this conversation has been. "I think that's enough questions." She wraps her arms around me. "How are you darling?"

"The best i've ever been." I say with a smile.

"Speaking of the honeymoon, don't you love where it is?"

Draco nudges her in the arm. "Shhh. She doesn't know."

"He wants it to be a surprise." I say.

She rolls her eyes. "Ugh, why does everything have to be complicated with you?"

"I'm sorry I would like to surprise my new wife?"

She laughs. "I'm only joking. It's a great idea."

"I'm gonna dance with RaeBae for a little while." Draco says walking away with her.

"So... you excited for the honeymoon? Now that there aren't any children present." Narcissa asks.

"It seems like i'm being asked more about the honeymoon than the actual wedding." I laugh. "But yes, I am excited."

"I know Draco is. He can't wait to have you to himself for a whole week. Better watch out."

Blaise chimes in, holding a while tablecloth. "Isn't it your birthday while your on your honeymoon?"

I nod.

"Better watch out for Draco then." He says.

I laugh again. "Why is everyone saying that?"

He shrugs. "Hey, I haven't seen honeymoon Draco, but i'm guessing he's gonna go feral."

"Feral?"

"Absolutely." He says, nudging Narcissa in the arm. "You'll get another grand baby real soon."

Blaise walks away mouthing "sorry" to me with a laugh.

"Aw your birthday on your honeymoon." Narcissa says, squeezing me with both her arms. "Twenty, my goodness."

We both watch Draco and Hiraeth dancing on the dance floor. Her standing on his feet and reaching up and holding his hands. That's exactly how Draco and I dance. I love that he's teaching her the same way. It makes my heart melt.

"I wish she would stay this little forever. Because I could watch this all day. Draco's an amazing father." I say.

"I need to thank you for bringing her into this world. She saved his life. If she wasn't born, he wouldn't have been alive when you came home that night." She says.

"That's why nothing will ever break their bond."

Draco looks over at me with a smile on his face. He's so happy I could cry. He really does love her so much, and I see it every time he's with her. That way he looks at me like he's silently thanking me for having her.

Either way, Draco is always his happiest when Hiraeth, Narcissa, and I are in the room.

He's precious and perfect and I can't wait to marry him tomorrow.