ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 146

I stir awake, hearing the start of a piano.

Draco.

I sit up, and let my eyes and ears adjust to him sitting there playing. I immediately recognize the tune.

Canon in D.

It's just the start of it. I hop out of bed completely naked from last night and grab my more modest robe from the bathroom. I tie it around me and make my way to the piano.

Draco slides over on the bench, letting me sit down next to him. I watch the way his fingers move on the keys in admiration.

He smiles his cheeky smile, the kind where he tries not to smile with his teeth. But he has to stay focused, so he pays attention to what he's doing.

He's almost to the chorus, so I don't distract him, I stay silent, which is perfectly fine by me. I could listen to him play all day.

He plays the chorus with ease. His fingers dancing on the keys. The veins in his hands more visible than usual. His eyes closing every few seconds to feel the music.

When the last few notes of the song approach, he removes one of his hands and grabs one of mine. Only one hand is needed to play the last notes, and he wants that hand to be mine.

He guides my hand to the correct spot, placing his hand on top of mine. He guides my fingers from each note to the next. He still manages to make it sound beautiful, even though I have no idea how to play.

The last note is played, and he finally looks directly at me with a smile, kissing my hand.

He moves his hand behind his back, and with magic, a bouquet of red roses appears in it when he pulls it back around.

He hands it to me. "Happy birthday, darling."

"Thank you." I say through my blush.

"How old are you again? Twenty? How old." He teases.

I hit him in the arm. "You're older than me."

He kisses my forehead. "Come on, I made you breakfast."

I follow him to the kitchen in an excited hurry. When we get in there, he motions me to my seat at the table, pulling out my chair for me. I sit down and he's back in the kitchen preparing his food.

I look down at my plate. The main food on here is a heart shaped pancake. How cheesy and romantic. There's eggs, grits, and strawberries on the side.

He comes towards me again, holding syrup and a can of whipped cream.

He sets down the syrup and takes the top off of the whipped cream.

"Want some?" He asks.

I nod.

He applies it to the pancake until I tell him there's enough. Then he puts a dot of it on my nose.

I giggle a little and wipe it off with my finger and eat it.

He returns to the kitchen to set up his plate. I watch him the whole time. I notice what he's wearing. One of my favorite things to see him wear. Sweatpants and a black shirt.

He gives himself the same things I have on my plate. He opens the fridge. "Want some juice?"

"Yes please."

He grabs the juice from the fridge and two glasses from the cabinet. He sets those things down on the counter, and then pauses.

He places one hand on his forehead and then laughs.