ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 102

I wake up. I'm not sure how long I was asleep. I must've passed out after giving birth to my baby.

But I look to my right, and I see Draco is perfectly fine with watching her.

She's laying on her back on the bed, and Draco has his forearms on either side of her, and his hands are joined just above the top of her head.

He kisses her forehead and I see the smile grow on his face.

Once Draco catches me looking he puts his finger over his lips, "Shhhh. I just got her to sleep, I think she's hungry." he whispers.

He picks her up from the bed and holds her in his arms. He goes to kiss her but she starts to suck on the tip of his nose.

"Yep, definitely hungry." He laughs.

I laugh and slide one strap of my bralette off my shoulder, and Draco places Hiraeth in my arms.

She opens her eyes at me and starts breastfeeding immediately.

"Nice isn't it?" Draco says to her.

I give Draco a flirty smirk and then look back down at her.

"Been there, done that. Beat you to it... sorry RaeBae." Draco says.

"RaeBae?"

"Yeah. Cute isn't it?"

It actually is really cute. Aw.. RaeBae.

"Did you have some bonding time with your daddy?" I ask her.

"She did." Draco smiles, "My mother has been wanting to meet her but I told her she had to wait until you were up and she was fed."

"She's probably going crazy." I say.

"She is. Hiraeth is the first baby that has been in this house in seventeen years."

I love that Narcissa sees this baby as a good thing.

"Also, your father wanted to see her too. But your mother and my father don't seem too enthusiastic."

I sigh, "That's okay. I wasn't expecting much from them. I just wish they could be happy for us. Even just a little 'congratulations' would be nice."

Draco changes the subject, "We're gonna have to go back to school soon."

"We've finished the year off right?"

He nods, "We're going into seventh year. What's the date today?"

"September 15."

"The first day was the first of the month. So we've already missed two weeks." he says.

I don't want to leave my baby so soon. She won't even know who her mother is.

"I don't want to leave her." I say, "And I don't want my mother anywhere near her."

"My mother can take care of her. She's good with babies. And would your mother really do something?"

"I feel like she would. As bad as it sounds, I feel like she would try to harm Hiraeth. My mom has no sympathy." I say.

"We'll figure it out. Everything will be fine." he says, getting up from the bed and walking over to his closet.

He looks for something for a good few seconds.

Hiraeth stops drinking and I cover myself back up. She stares at me with her blue eyes for just a couple more seconds before closing her them in relaxation.

"Perfect timing." Draco says, turning back to me, holding a camera in his hands.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

He smiles, "Capturing a pure memory. And well, when we get back to school Blaise and Teila are gonna want to see her. Now just sit there and look pretty."

Draco snaps a photo, and then there's a knock on the door.

Narcissa peeks her head inside, "I'm sorry, I couldn't wait any longer."

"That's alright. Are you ready to meet your granddaughter?" Draco asks.

Narcissa claps her hands in excitement, "Ready as i'll ever be."

She takes a seat on the bed and I carefully pass my baby to her.

"Hi baby." Narcissa coos, then looks at me, "What's her name?"

"Hiraeth." I tell her.

"How beautiful... almost as beautiful as her. She's looks like you, Draco. But she has her mom's eyes."

"I'm glad I can look at her and see the boy I love." I say.

"Great job honey, i'm so proud of you." Narcissa says, "All three of you."

She kisses Hiraeth on the forehead, much like we've been doing all this time.

"Narcissa?"

"Yes?"

"Why aren't you mad at us for this whole thing?" I ask, "It seems to be a trend with half of the adults here."

She smiles a little, "You are teenagers, you have hormones. And mistakes can happen, but I am the one that said I wanted grandchildren. But regardless, she's a baby, and she's a splitting image of you both. I'm happy she's here."

"I'm glad Narcissa thank you." I say.

Hiraeth stirs and makes all of us smile. I like that her just simply moving can cheer us up.

I'm glad I decided to have her, and i'm glad that I made her. I have no regrets, she's my baby, mine and Draco's.

"You both need to get to school don't you?" Narcissa asks.

Draco and I nod.

I clear my throat, "I was actually wondering if you could watch Hiraeth while we're gone. Draco and I can visit every so often or every time we have a break. But really, you're the only person I feel comfortable leaving her with."

"Of course I can. She'll be no trouble." Narcissa says with a smile.

I sigh, "I don't know how i'll survive without her."