64 Complicated

It was two thirty in the morning.

In the cozy room, the girl on the bed tossed and turned in the quilt, unable to fall asleep no matter what. After returning from Mae Sai, she suffered from insomnia almost every night.

For some reason, my heart always panics from time to time. Xia Xia covered herself in the quilt, and her thoughts unconsciously went back to the question that she hadn't figured out before going to bed. Although she didn't want to recall it, she still recalled the words Zhou Yinkun said when she came to her room that night.

He threatened her not to tell anyone that he met him that night, if... not because she was afraid that she would tell the police, but because she would tell others?

But she didn't know any powerful people, so powerful that they were more effective than the police, and even Zhou Yinkun would be afraid of them.

So he was preventing her from telling... Dad?

Xia Xia lifted the quilt and sat up, the problem seemed to be figured out.

She was flustered and frightened that night. She just thought that she had somehow become a witness and that her testimony would be useful, so Zhou Yinkun came to threaten her.

But he wasn't afraid of the police at all. He deliberately said that he killed Meggin, as if... more like to lead her to think in another direction? Associating the sight of Zhou Yinkun that night with Mei Jin, her first thought would be to tell the police, not her father.

In the beginning, she wanted to find her father because she suspected that Zhou Yinkun had something to do with her grandfather's death.

It was he who appeared suddenly, and it was he who said those words that disturbed her thoughts, and made her completely forget what she was going to do under the fear and tension.

The strange thing is here, why doesn't he want his father to know?

Thinking of this, my mind got stuck again. Xia Xia sat on the bed, frowning slightly. Although she couldn't guess anything, her intuition told her that her father should be able to understand what Zhou Yinkun meant after he knew it.

Thinking of this, she looked at the mobile phone beside the bed. It was late now, and Mom said not to disturb Dad unless it was urgent.

But Xia Xia's hand still took the phone unconsciously. The faint light shone on the girl's face, it stayed on for a while, and then went out again.

She hesitated, and finally chose to make a call.

The phone rang for a long time, but no one answered it, until it was about to be automatically hung up, and it was finally connected.

"Xia Xia?"

"Dad, I—"

Xia Xia hadn't finished speaking when Zhou Yaohui seemed to interrupt others, and turned to the phone and said, "Dad just landed in Bangkok, is there anything else?" I'm done, so go back to the company and won't go home for now, you can talk to your mother." Before the words finished,

Apu's whispered voice came from over there.

Here Xia Xia heard Zhou Yaohui hum, explained a few words briefly, and finally said to her: "Okay, Xia Xia, go to bed early, if you have something to do, wait until you get home in a few days.

" Hang up the phone.

She glanced at the phone screen and sighed. Or... just wait until Dad comes back?

*

The next day, four ten in the afternoon.

After Xia Xia came out of school, instead of taking the bus home by herself as before, she took a taxi. After thinking about it, she still felt that she should tell her father as soon as possible.