57 Standoff

Early the next morning, Xia Xia was woken up by a loud noise.

She didn't remember when she fell asleep, but she curled up under the quilt in an extremely uncomfortable position all night, and her whole body was sore at this moment.

She looked at her watch, it was past six in the morning, it shouldn't be so noisy. She got out of bed and walked barefoot to open the door. She heard a loud noise that seemed to be coming from Grandpa's shop. Looking over like this, she could vaguely see a lot of people inside.

"Xia Xia." A

soft voice came, and Sama was wearing an all-black skirt. Seeing her daughter standing on the ground with bare feet, her clothes and arms were dirty, she couldn't help but startled: "Xia Xia, what's going on?" How did you make it like this?"

Xia Xia looked down, and then suddenly remembered what happened last night, feeling like she had a strange and terrible nightmare.

"It's okay... Mom, I went to the toilet last night and fell down."

Sama was a little surprised. Xia Xia loves to be clean, so she wouldn't go to bed so dirty. But now is not the time to ask these questions. Seeing that Xia Xia turned to look at Sai Peng's shop again, Sama pursed her lips and touched her daughter's head first.

Xia Xia turned around.

"Hey, go wash and change clothes first."

Saying that, Sama handed Xia Xia a pure white skirt with a sad expression.

Xia Xia looked at the white skirt in her hand, and then at the pure black skirt on Sama, her eyes puzzled. They clearly discussed last night that today is grandpa's birthday, and they will wear red clothes.

"After you change your clothes, let's go see grandpa." Sama sighed slightly, "Xia Xia, grandpa passed away last night."

"What?!" The

girl took two steps back in disbelief, Sama was afraid of her He tripped over the threshold and hurriedly grabbed him.

"Impossible! Grandpa was fine yesterday, and he also said that today's birthday party will show everyone the birthday gift I gave him!"

As soon as she stuffed the skirt into Sama's hand, she ran out barefoot. The place where she lived was only a few steps away from Sai Peng's shop, and the shop was full of adults. Xia Xia didn't care about being polite at all, she squeezed hard Go in, and you can see the corpse covered with white cloth at a glance.

The tables in the store were put together improvised, and the old man's body was placed on top of it. His head was covered by a white cloth, revealing only a pair of feet without shoes. His ankles and fingers were swollen, obviously showing signs of being soaked in water.

Not far away, the birthday star she gave to grandpa was placed right next to the statue of the God of Wealth.

The girl's face suddenly turned pale.

"Grandpa, grandpa..." She murmured tremblingly, staring straight at the white cloth, she couldn't believe that yesterday she taught her how to play chess and praised her sensible grandpa at the dinner table, but today she has become a cold corpse.

The girl who rushed in suddenly interrupted the conversation in the store. All the people present were men, and almost all eyes fell on the distraught Xia Xia.

Zhou Yaohui frowned slightly, walked over, and stood between Sai Peng's body and Xia Xia, "Xia Xia, you go back first."

At this moment, Sama chased after her, Zhou Yaohui glanced at her, the woman understood what her husband meant, She stepped forward and held Xia Xia's cold hand, seeing her dazed look, she knew how much such an accident had caused such an impact.