Chapter 6

I'm getting married , well fake married but I'm still getting married . If it wasn't for Zoe's persuasion I honestly wouldn't have said yes . But now I'm happy I did because Lorenzo's not really that bad than I thought he'd be .

Earlier this morning he picked me up and took me to some fancy area here in LA and we were looking for rings , well he wanted me to look for them and he said he'll take care of the money .

I was stuck on two , one where I was able to get an initial engraved inside the metal and the other which had a large diamond which sat right on top . "Don't worry about the price just get what you like ."

"It's just one ring we're getting right ?" I ask as he looks up from his phone , "no we need wedding rings too ."

"Oh , anything in specific ?"

"Your in charge Tesoro ." I smiled at that nickname he gave me , mostly because I knew what it meant and it was cute .

It didn't take me ages to decried because I wanted to keep it simple , so for the engagement ring I went with the diamond and the two wedding rings were gold .

"Is that all you'd be purchasing today?" The cashier asks , and i nod . "Okay that'll be 425,000 dollars will you be paying by cash or card ?"

"Card." Lorenzo responds digging into his pocket he brings out a matte black card , placing it above the scanner . I stand right beside him in schock . He did not just spend 400,000 dollars on me .

Not even my dad would do that , the lady hands me the small white bag which I take "have a nice day." She smiles as we exit the store , Lorenzo glanced at me and stares at me in confusion . "Is there something wrong ?"

"T-that's a lot of money you spent, and you barley know me-"

"Anya , that didn't even leave a dent in my account , now is there anything else you want ?"

I shake my head in response and he nods , I followed him back to his Audi which he had parked outside the store. "Where are we going now ?" I ask as he starts the car

"Is your father home ?"

"Probably why."

"Well your going to tell him that your leaving ."

"What?" It was more of a question to myself , I mean I knew I had to live with him because of the whole marriage thing I just didn't know it would be today .

The entire ride home I was reciting what I was going to say to my dad because I knew he'd get mad . What if he tried to hit me in front of Lorenzo ?

So many thoughts were going through my head , and I think Lorenzo seemed to notice how nervous I was yet he didn't say anything . The drive back home wasn't awkward but it was just silent , I guess it was just overwhelming for the both of us and I don't think communicating was really Lorenzo's thing . 

"Don't be scared , he's not gonna touch you ." Lorenzo says before stepping out his car , i quickly open the door and run up to him as he's already next to the door . He was quite tall so two steps for him was five for me .

"Dad?" I call , I look around the house but he wasn't there so I assumed he was in his office . I knock a few times before strolling in with Lorenzo right behind me . My dad instantly puts his phone down when he sees Lorenzo .

Was he scared ?

"Mr moretti, what a surprise , what brings you here ?"

"I'm with Anya ."

My dad smiles awkwardly "Anya ? What possibly could my daughter be doing with you ."

"We're getting married dad ." I say feeling a heavy weight lift off my chest as I sigh . "You what?"

"I'm getting married to Lorenzo ." 

I feel Lorenzo stand beside me as his hand goes around my waist pulling me closer to him . I then felt a sudden throb between my legs . I've never been this close to him before .

"This is some type of joke-"

"I'm afraid it's not Mr Bernardi, I'm in love with your daughter ."

If only that were true .

"And dad I wanted to let you know I'm leaving."

"Anya , your not going no where ." He stands up from his seat making his way towards me , I instantly flinch expecting him to hit me already but I open my eyes to find Lorenzo right in front of me . I never felt him move.

"Put your hands on my girl one more time and we're gonna have problems , Comprendere?"
Understand?

Lorenzo puts my dads arm down as he steps away gritting at me , I feel my eyes burning with tears as I walk out his office and towards my room .  Why was I so weak ?

I didn't want to cry but every single bone in my body was telling me to let it all out . But it wasn't the right moment . Lorenzo was downstairs and I didn't want him to see me at my weakest .

I had to be strong .

"Anya." I heard his voice behind me making me jump in shock, I quickly wiped my tears turning around to face him . "Yeah?" I say looking at him , he walks into my room with his hands in his pockets towards me , lifting up my chin , my eyes meet his . "He's not gonna hurt you anymore , I promise you ." Lorenzo says and I knew he was being truthful because of the sincerity in his eyes .

"Thankyou." I whisper wrapping my arms around him not caring if he'd hug me back . I feel him tense for a moment before his shoulders relax and his arms wrap around my body also .

Maybe he's not that bad at all .

***
End of chapter