Chapter 68

Four days later

"Is everything set in place ?" Sandro walking inside my office . I give him a straight nod still looking down at the message on my phone .

It was George head of security letting me know that the cars were ready to escort us to the event . Anya still wasn't so happy about this but it had to go on as it was one of the rules of the mafia .

"Yes the cars are waiting outside, I'm gonna go get my wife I'll meet you there."

"Sure thing ." He pats my shoulder before leaving , I shove my phone into my pocket whilst strolling out my office and to where Anaya was .

I could hear Elijah's babbles from here as I made my way up the stairs. I twist the door handle opening the door. Anya looks up at me with a frown whilst breastfeeding our son.

I sigh heavily now approaching her, I caress her cheek not breaking eye contact ,"you look beautiful." 

"Thankyou." I watch as she places Eli down as he has fallen asleep and fixes her dress .
"Anaya everything I do is for you and our son I hope you know that ."

"I do, I'm just not happy with exposing a four month old baby."

"We are not exposing , it's by law in the mafia which we do it , people need to be aware who the next heir will be and that's Mr moretti right there."

She breaks into a small laughter and as do I
"I'm gonna get over it but can you let me sulk for a bit ?"

"No you've been like this all morning ."

She reaches for my tie slowly beginning to wrap it around her hand pulling me closer towards her .

I knew exactly what she was doing

"Anya we're gonna be late." I say as her lips brush against mine

"We'll your the boss so make amends ." She whispers And with that she vigorously claims my lips pulling me onto her .

Here we go again.

***

"I'm guessing your no longer mad at
Me ?" I ask my wife as she stood in front of me re-doing my tie

"Nope I had a pretty good apology."

"So all this time all we has to do was fuck for you to forgive me ?"

She nods her head in agreement

"So why didn't you just say so ?"

"Because if I had initiated it you would know I wasn't mad at you anymore ."

I scrunch my face together in confusion and she giggles turning back to face the mirror .
"And we're approximately two hours late." I say just after glancing at my watch

"Your the boss are you not ?"

"Yes-"

"Exactly, Enzo I think you've inherited my sensitive side you know." She picks up the revolver which I had left by the sink lifting up her thigh and tucking it inside her holder .

"Only because you see my vulnerable side doesn't mean I'm no longer capable of being intimidating."

Her eyes roll once again and she faces me , "oh you can be , but you've become more emotional, I partially blame myself for that-"

"It's not partially it's all you ." I follow her back into the room and watch as she picks up Elijah , placing him on her hips .

"I think it's time we go."

***
We were escorted to the event by my personal driver whilst Sandro went in a different car . The drive took no longer than twenty minutes and we didn't even have to go inside to know how much people were here .

The cars gave it off

The moment we arrived, body guards had approached Anya and I . "Mr Moretti , my names Kenzie , my team and I will be looking after you and your wife tonight."

"Okay great , who's in charge of the guest list ?"

The man pointed over to two young men , they looked like fucking kids . There ties weren't even done properly . I shouldn't have listened to Sandro and used my own security.

"Has everyone been checked off ?"

Kenzie gives me a firm nod , and I don't respond . I reach for Anya's hand and make my way into the entrance .

"This place is amazing." I hear my wife say ,
The interior was indeed built incredibly, which is why the venue had cost so much . 

We reach two large gold doors , and the doormen push them open giving me a view of the large room . Thousands of people were here , the majority were my alliances from across Europe .

The Italian mafia was well known

The loud chattering quietens as everyone begins to look at us .

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr moretti and his wife!" The speakers on announces .

"Let's hope tonight goes well." Anya whispers

I clench my jaw "let's hope so."

***

End of chapter