Chapter 39

I was really tempted to go visit my mother but apart of me was afraid. I knew nothing about her since I was only a newborn when she'd disappeared. Does she even know what I look like ?

Enzo tried to convince me to go and visit her because it would make me feel better . I had so many questions I wanted to ask her .  Surely if she was alive all these years she would've at least attempted to escape . Am I right ?

"Tesoro stop thinking about it you seemed stressed." Enzo's voice fills my ears and I'm quick to turn around , to find him leaning shading the doorframe , "I am." I sigh taking a sip of my glass which had apple juice inside.

I could hear his footsteps and soon enough he was beside me , his arm draped over my shoulder and I relaxed when got closer to me . I was sat on the spinning chairs so he spun me around to face him .

Standing in between my legs he removed his arm on my shoulder using his hand to lift my chin up. "I don't want you to stress mi amore."

"How can I not ? I just found my mother could possibly be alive ." I didn't mean to raise my voice but I was frustrated and I think he knew that .

"I know and I understand-"

"I might go back to see if it's true ." I say completely cutting him off , Enzo clenches his jaw and let's out a sigh in attempt to stay calm .

"I don't trust him Anya , something weird is happening and if you are to go there take one of my guards ."

"Lorenzo I'm pretty sure I'll be fine going to a house I used to live in ." I respond not sure wether he had an issue or not .

"Tesoro , just take a guard with you so I know your safe that's all." I scrunch my face and fold my arms causing him to step back . So that's what this is about . He doesn't think I can defend myself still .

"You think I'm still weak don't you ?"

"You know I didn't mean it that way-"

"Yes you did , you think I'm some fragile thing that needs to be kept away. We'll your wrong Enzo."

Lorenzo rolls his eyes now giving me space he makes his way around the counter opening one of the cabinets only to take out a bottle of whiskey . "I'm trying to help Tesoro that's it ."

"No your not-"

"We lost our child !" He yells instantly making me stop what I was saying , he pours his whiskey into a small glass and I stay quiet waiting for him to continue.

"You lost our baby because of me so my apologies if I'm trying to prevent that from happening, my apologies for trying to take care of my wife !" Enzo picks up his glass and walks out the kitchen .

I sit there in silence , replaying what has just happened in my head . God im such a bitch .
Deep down I was just looking for a reason to argue with him I'm not even sure why . Or what's wrong with me .

Stressing wasn't good for me but Enzo and I being in a quarrel over something petty was much worse . I hate myself sometimes

Picking myself up I strolled towards Enzo's office where I knew he'd be . It had only been between ten to fifteen minutes since our argument . It was my fault and I take the blame entirely.

"Enzo?" I close the door behind me and he quickly downs his whiskey placing the glass on his desk . I run my hands down the silky robe I had worn tiptoeing towards him as I was barefooted .

He allows me to climb onto his lap and the moment I do I kiss him . I could taste the bitterness of the whiskey so it wasn't for long . As I pull away I stare into his eyes sincerely apologizing. I did mean it