Chapter 35

The only torture I was feeling was knowing
If my babies were okay or not . The chemical he had inserted inside me did take effect and my body felt terrible . It was as if my legs were strapped down and I couldn't move them .

I was paralyzed waist down but due to my arms being tied , it was my entire body . I hadn't eaten in nearly three days and my mouth was dry .

I cried so much tears there's probably none left for me to let out , I knew it had been over 24 hours so there was definitely something going on with Enzo .

Fernando was in here not so long ago and apologized for his behavior he explained to me that Maliki had kidnapped his wife and forced him to work with him otherwise they would kill her . I wasn't sure wether to believe that .

An IV was attached to me slowly pumping chemicals inside  my body . He was trying to kill me from the inside and I knew if there was too much I'd die . It was slowly making my body more weaker , so weak I could barely keep my eyes open . I was just praying to God that Enzo would come .

****
An hour later Anya's dream

Slowly opening my eyes the scorching sun on my skin had woken me up . I had found myself laying in a field of dandelions having no clue where I was .

Pushing myself up I looked around there were no buildings in sight except land . I look down to realize I'm in a summer dress . Furrowing my eyebrows I jump the moment I see a child standing in front of me . A boy

"W-who are you?" I ask slightly stepping back

"You have to wake up ." The child says I continue to stare at him in confusion , what on earth is he talking about ?

"Mommy you need to wake up ." The moment he said that I hear an echo of my name coming from the skies . What type of dream is this ?

"Mommy ? Wake up what-"

"Please listen to me , you need to wake up ."

The more I stare at the boy , Lorenzo comes into mind  , they look so similar it's scary .

"How am I your mom?"

"Well I think I'm supposed to be in your tummy now , but this isn't real ."

"Why's there only one of you-"

"Anya! wake up please." The same voice echos and I come to realization that it was Enzo calling me . He's here , he came to save me .

"my sister didn't make it , mom wake up now !"

***
Gasping, my eyes shoot open and I found myself in the same room , my head tilts to the left and there I see Enzo who lets out a sigh of relief .

"E-enzo." I whisper

"It's me."

I make a sound of confusion because his lips continue to move but I couldn't hear what he was saying . I shake my head and his green eyes turn into a concerned look .

"We need to go ." He says pulling out a pocket knife he cuts both the ropes , explaining to me how there was an IV and he pulled it out .
"Enzo I can't move ." I whisper , faint gunshots fill my ears and a shiver goes down my spine .

I continue to speak before he cuts me off "Maliki , he injected something I don't know what , he wanted me to miscarry, I'm paralyzed wait down , I can't feel , move my
Legs at all ."

His facial expression turns into anger as he mutters something in Italian . "Is that what the iv was?"

I nod my head biting my lip , carefully he helps Me sit up , I continue to stare into his eyes as more tears reach mine . "I missed you." My voice slightly breaks as I touch his face, I could feel my heart clench .

"don't cry Tesoro , Maliki will die a painful death I promise you that-"

"I lost one ." I whimper, I could see the hurt in his eye from a mile away , but he knew himself he had to stay strong , bowing my head down I quietly sob , my maternal instincts kick in and my hand retreats to my stomach . I felt a void .

I know some people bled or had clots when the miscarried but I didn't need to have them to know I lost my baby .

"Amore, I'm sorry and I know this isn't the right time but we need to go ."

I nod my head in understanding wiping my tears , Lorenzo hated seeing me upset especially when he couldn't do anything about it . He lifts my legs up scooting back allowing my feet to reach the floor .

"You can't stand either ?"

I shake my head , he scoops me up and my hand immediately goes around his neck as he carries me out .

****
I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital bleach invading my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the constant beeping coming from the machines which indicate you were still alive .

I slowly open my eyes , squinting them just for a moment to identify the blurred images before me . Looking around the room I took in the deserted blue and white walls . How long have I been here ?

I close my eyes just for a moment trying to remember what had happened. Then it all hits me with a bang. I was kidnapped

I swallow the saliva in my mouth trying to soothe my dry throat. I hear the sounds of footsteps and the door opens revealing a nurse . She looked quite young around my age .

"Good afternoon mrs moretti, how are you feeling?"

"Groggy." I respond, the nurse gives me a smile scribbling something against the board "how long have I been here?"

"Approximately three weeks , we had to induce you in a coma to rid the toxins in your body ."

A coma? Jesus

"Is my baby okay?"

"Yes he's fine , we had permission from your husband to give you ultrasounds whilst you were in your coma just to check on his health."

It's a boy

"Could you let my husband know I'm awake."

"Sure I'll let you know when he arrives."

It took Enzo less than an hour to arrive to the hospital and when he did I had just managed to freshen up in the hospital bathrooms .
He came with a bunch of roses and my favorite chocolates .

We embrace for a while and Kiss straight after, Enzo's relaxes against my forehead and I smile
"the things you put me through tesoro."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"don't apologize I'm just glad your awake ."

"I'm happy your here ."

"I'll never leave you."

***
End of chapter