Chapter 25

Never in my life have I ever been so dumbstruck. Finding out I was pregnant was one thing , but with twins ?

Two babies is not something I can handle , it's not something Lorenzo and I can handle because I know for sure he's not mentally prepared at all .

"Could you give us a few minutes?" Enzo says to the doctor , I was feeling overwhelmed I guess I had every right to be .

Lorenzo sits me up and gives me a few seconds before he speaks "talk to me baby."

"Twins ?" I whisper staring into his emerald eyes , he sighs "it's okay , we have time don't we?"

"Yeah six months ? taking care of one kid is okay but two ?"

"We'll manage don't stress it's bad for you ."

"Lorenzo-" he places his finger on my lips stopping me from talking my eyes widen and he smiles back at me "calm down stop overthinking, you don't have to worry."

***
I stood in front of the mirror staring at my bare stomach, poking it here and there trying to feel if there was anything inside. As per usual my curiosity got the better of me, aside from the symptoms I didn't feel pregnant, I wasn't sure if that was normal.

Lorenzo was downstairs having a meeting with all his men about 'confidential business '
I on the other hand was planning on visiting Marco , we hadn't seen each other in a while and I wanted to know how well he was doing.

I changed from my dress into a more comfortable outfit, I didn't find the need to tell Enzo where I was going because he seemed occupied .

Tired of always being driven around I took one of his cars instead . Lorenzo has had everything so I had no idea what I would get him if I were to buy him a gift .

One thing I learned about Lorenzo is, he loved to give but when it was his turn to receive he never accepted it . I smiled to myself connecting my phone to the aux.

The gates opened automatically but it made a sound in the garage everytime someone exited. Let's hope Enzo doesn't notice.

The drive to the cafe took no longer than fifteen minutes, that's why he would always come here .

Pushing open the door , the smell of pastries fill my nostrils and I feel my stomach growl . The cafe wasn't that busy only. A few we're here .

Marco walks out from the back and he smiles "Anya it's been forever ." He say's hugging me , God i miss him

"How are things going ?" He asks as we sit down at a table , Marco was only in his forties and he was starting to get grey hairs . He's opened this cafe for five years now .

"Everything's fine , Lorenzo and I are doing really well , we're happy."

"I've missed you pumpkin , you think you'll be able to start working soon."

I give him a sad smile frowning knowing I wouldn't be able to come back , mostly be used Enzo wouldn't let me and plus I know it's not safe for me either .

"Marco I can't come back ." He stays quite allowing me to speak and it gives me time to explain , I tell him how I've had to help Lorenzo with 'his family business' and that it kept us busy . I felt bad for lying to him .

"I'm pregnant ."

Marcos facial expression immediately changes the moment he hears those words . His eyes squint and a smile is all I see . "Making me a pops already ?"

I've always considered Marco as a father instead of my real dad . He was always there for me and I'd could tell him everything. Despite us not being blood related he was still part of my family .

Someone who sat on the table in front of us stood up , walking past us in a rush he seemed . A piece of paper landed beside my foot and I reached for it .

"Excuse me ." I call , the bosses guy turns around and I stare at him in confusion when I recognize his face "Fernando ? What are you doing here ?"

He smiles awkwardly scratching the back of his head as he grabs the paper I held up "just having some breakfast that's all ."

"It's 1 pm ."I smile wondering why he wasn't at Enzo's meeting . That's strange 

"I woke up late , I - I've gotta go Anya."

Before I could even respond he walked out the cafe , I turn back to Marco thinking to myself why on earth he was acting weird .

"Are you hungry have you eaten ?"

"Speaking off I have missed those pancakes."

***
I spent time with Marco for about two hours before deciding to make my way home after seeing a few missed calls from Enzo . He's probably mad about his car

Zoe had still been at the back of my mind ever since we left Italy . And what's worse is I knew something bad had happened but I wasn't sure what . Enzo knew something about it but he hadn't told me . He had a thing for hiding things from me .

I couldn't be bothered to force into the garage so I left the car on the driveway instead . Marco had made me seven pancakes and I'd ate them all , he was so intrigued in my pregnancy . I loved how much he cared .

Him and his wife couldn't have children which was sad because I know they'd be such amazing parents . They've been married for seventeen years and it's such a shame,

The house was silent when I stepped in , I figured Enzo had went out on one of his errands . My body felt tired so I was planning on taking a nap.

Closing the door behind me as I entered our room the shower had just turned off . It was probably Lorenzo . I place my phone on the nightstand running my fingers through my curls as I sigh .

"Where'd you go ?"

I turn around to find him standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist. The towel hung very low . The water droplets on his skin mostly around his abs gave me a tingly sensation.

"I went to see Marco ." I respond , biting my lip for a quick second . My body drops to the bed as I sigh . "You didn't think to tell me ?"

"You were busy I didn't wanna interrupt."

"You could've sent me a message at least ? I was worried."

"I'm sorry , I'm tired baby." 

The next few minutes are silent and  I'm assuming he went inside the closet to get dressed . Staring up at the ceiling waiting for myself to fall asleep it didn't seem to work .

I feel a dip on the bed and Enzo comes into view , he hands me one of his shirts and I thank him quickly kissing his lips .

Stripping out of the clothes I wore earlier I changed into the shirt I was given . "Fernando was in the cafe today , he acted strange ?"

"How ?"

"He kinda looked like he hadn't been sleeping at all , and he wasn't dressed formally just a hoodie and joggings ."

Lorenzo didn't respond but I knew he had heard me .

"Ugh why are you still hiding things from me !" I yell my anger appeared out of nowhere but I had my reasons .

I was going to find out wether he liked it or not .

***
End of chapter