Chapter 5

"What did she say after ?" Alessandro asks , we are currently sitting inside my office I had to explain to him how my conversation with Anya went because he was curious and wanted to know .

"Said she'll think about it ." I shrugged my shoulders not really caring , If Anya didn't take up the offer there's plenty other women who would .

"I have no idea why your pulling that face when we both know you want her to accept it ."

"I can't force her to make a decision, it's her own choice ."

"Yes I know but you'd be thrilled. "

I rolled my eyes, Sandro keeps trying to get me to admit I like her , but I don't fucking know the girl to even like her . She seems like a nice person the way she communicated with my sister the other day but that's about it . I generally have no interests .

"Stop lying , you chose her because you don't want her getting hurt ."

"No because I don't tolerate fathers beating there child at all ." I say it with more tone to my voice because I didn't want it to sound like there was an emotion coming out .

I never really liked showing people my emotion's because it would come off as me being weak , and having a weakness is something I do not need at the moment. Especially the Russians planning an attack , which I also forgot to mention .

"If she does accept it the wedding we'll have to happen no longer after two weeks ."

"You'll need a backup story , say you guys have been together for a while ."

"Yes I know , the major issue is going public , I know she'll instantly be a target to our rivals because they'll assume she means something to me ."

"I guess you'll have to put up an act ."

I sigh leaning against my chair "are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Lorenzo , this is exactly what we need ."

***
A few days go by and still no call from Anya , it was strange how she had been on the back of my mind ever since that event I saw her at .

I tried distracting myself with meetings and torturing people just for the fun of it but nothing seemed to work . What the hell is going on .

"Mr morreti what do you suggest we do ?"

A voice fills my ears and I snap out of my thought looking around the room at all the men who were staring at me .

We were having a meeting to discuss the issues that the Russians have caused us and how we were supposed to deal with it . I said we should kill Maliki , but Fernando tells me it wasn't a good idea aiming for the leader because I'll be starting a war . I wasn't afraid to start a war .

"How about let's just see if this girl and your marriage thing works out and then we'll discuss ." Alessandro says and I nod at him , I could always count on him when I wasn't in the right state of mind or my thoughts were focused elsewhere .

All the men from my inner circle left the room and I sighed , Sandro stood up from his seat glancing over towards me "what the fucks going on Enzo?"

"Nothing , fuck I need a drink ."

"Fucking hell you need , we don't have time for you to be drunk right now ."

"I said a drink not a bottle ." I also stood up from my seat straightening my suit , a light knock on the door was all I heard before my secretary walked in . "What?"

"Someone's here to see you , Any? Anna-"

"Anya, tell her to wait in my office ." I say cutting her off getting annoyed at her mispronunciations . She nods walking out and my eyes meet Sandro's "go talk to her you can have a drink after ."

***

I stroll into my office to find her looking out the windows , you could see the entire city from this building which is why I purchased this one . I cleared my throat making her jump as she turned around "Lorenzo- Mr morreti I'm sorry-"

"Sit down , just call me Lorenzo ." She smiles walking to the chairs which were opposite my desk , the dress she wore slightly rolls up as she sat down . Damn .

I sit opposite her and watch as she looks around the room . "So you've made your mind up si?"

"Yes , yes I have and I think your right it can help the both of us , but my dads not gonna be very happy ."

"And why is that ?"

"Because he's always wanted me to marry Cameron , you know him right ?"

"Cameron?" I ask waiting to hear his surname

"Romani."

I ball my fists under the desk the moment I hear that name , I had hatred for The Romanis , ever since they stole ten million two years ago and are still struggling to pay us back . Fanculo

Fuckers .

"We'll you don't have to worry about him ."

"Okay so what happens now ?"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow we'll go ring shopping ."

"I thought it was fake ?"

"Your my wife now , I have to treat you don't I ?" I notice the pink tint on her cheeks as she attempts to hide her smile , tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she nods standing up "I guess I should go now ."

"I'll see you tomorrow." She turns around walking towards the door giving me a perfect view of her behind .

Fuck me .
***

End of chapter