Chapter 44

A few days later

"Boss what do you think we should do ?" Luca says

After killing Cameron I hadn't realised of what an issue it would've caused , he was a businessman and now he well it deceased the press found out quicker than expected. He wasn't really involved in the mafia life but more on the business side .

I'm assuming one of Anya's brothers reported this and the only problem is , it will trial back to me . Yes I have some officers in the department who secretly work for me but La is a large city and I only own a few of them .

Luca here was suggesting I get a lawyer but I had to remind him I was a billionaire and a lawyer isn't what I needed . There were procedures as this has happened numerous times .

Anya had no idea what was going on and I intended on keeping it that way , she was pregnant and I didn't need her stressing over little things . There were too possibilities , one of them being I be interrogated and the other me being thrown in jail . I'm leaning more towards the second option .

"Luca , you think cops scare me ? I'm a don I can handle them ." I respond , and he relaxes into his chair , he was fragile but useful in many ways which is why I wanted him to work for me .

I glance at the clock and realise how late it was , I'd been here since morning and it was midnight in half an hour . Shit . Sandro had flew out of the city with Zoe last night so I had to come in and take care of the shipments . We needed to up our security to make sure they didn't get tampered with .

"Now if you'd excuse me I have a wife to get home to , I'll see you tomorrow."

****
Parking my Bentley inside the garage instead of the driveway I entered the mansion from the back as it was the closet entrance. The house was quiet as usual , Alex had been staying at the dorm with his friends recently . I saw less of him as the days went by and as for Leona she hibernated in her room .

Except the house guards it was just Anya and I and Maria on some occasions. Anya preferred making dinner and breakfast so she sent her home most of the time . Maria was old and had been working here ever since I was a child . I guess she needed her rest .

The sound of the Tv filled my ears and I as I made my way towards the main room I removed my suit jacket and unbuttoned the cuffs of my shirt dress wanting to relax now that I was home . Home

My wife came into view and she was snuggled into the couch as always her eyes focussed on the large screen in front of her . She hadn't noticed me since I came in from the back . Yes I did

She looks over her shoulder and a small smile appears on her face , I place a kiss on her forehead sitting beside her. "What took you so long?" She asks reaching for my arm and placing it over her shoulders . "I'm sorry tesoro I got carried away ."

"It's okay, I know work can be hard sometimes ." She says leaving a soft kiss on my lips

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, my boobs leaked today I think it's early I'm not sure."

"Leaked?"

"Milk Enzo , and they really hurt every time I squeeze them ." She whines , her breasts had gotten larger over the past few months and it was quite a sight to see .

"Well there's only a few months left amore ."

Her eyes meet mine and she bites her bottom lip, running her hand over my chest she reaches for the remote pausing the show she was watching . "Can we go out tomorrow? just us two ."

"Of course , we can go anywhere you like , Paris ? Barbados-"

"Here in LA babe , but Paris is on my list ."

"What do you say Elijah ?Paris sounds nice huh ." My hand reaches her stomach and I gently caress it . A slight movement against my hand occurs and Anyas eyes widen. "Did you feel that?" She exclaims

I nod taking in her smile , it was so symmetrical I loved it , along with her perfectly shaped lips and straight teeth , I loved all her features. She truly was beautiful

***
"Enzo you don't have to carry me ." She says as we both go up the stairs . She kept complaining how here feet were aching so I scooped her up instead of allowing her to walk.

"Yes I do." Reaching the final stair I climb onto the hallway and make our way into our room . Anya made a few changes in here as it was too dark for her likings . Anya runs onto the large bed in front of us smiling as she jumps in .

I head for the bathroom to freshen up especially after having a long day at work. Once I'm finished I head back into the room and join my wife in bed . "I missed you today." She says , my arm goes over her waist t as I push her towards me . Her bump slightly hits my stomach.

"It's funny because you were all I kept thinking about too."

"I love you ." She whispers, her warm hand caresses my cheek . I lean towards her claiming her lips , she's quick to respond and kisses me back . I could already feel feel her tongue urging to meet with mine . She slightly whines when I slightly pull away . I loved to tease

Anya rolls her eyes sighing
"Enzo did you even want kids before you met me ?"

"No." I say looking straight back at her

"What changed ?"

"I fell in love with a beautiful woman."

Her cheeks heat up and she buries her face in my chest, her brown hair is pushed into my face and her strawberry scented shampoo fills my nose . 

A light knock on the door fills my ears and I sigh thinking it was one of the guards . "Who is it ?"

The door then pushes open and my sister walks in , Anya lifts her head up "Leona everything okay?"

"I-i need to talk to you , like right now ." She says , quite urgently , I furrow my eyebrows I'd never seen Leona this way since she found out about our father . Something must've been bothering her.

"Okay just give me a second ." 

She pulls the blanket off her legs about to climb off the bed , and looks back at me "help."
I smile quickly getting over to her side and pulling her up "thanks." She whispers

***
End of chapter