Chapter 67

Motherhood

Ever since the birth of our son it has been exhausting but both Enzo and I have finally managed to experience what it's actually like to be parents .

People made it seem easy , 'a child needs to be fed , bathed .' All that nonsense but it really wasn't especially with Lorenzo working with more companies now , which I had to push him to do as he was reluctant to leave me .

Elijah was officially five months old and he was able to sit up by himself but not yet crawl.
I loved watching my son grow and being with him every day , it was heart warming .

Life was peaceful now and I could finally say I felt safe at home and bodyguards were no longer needed . Enzo's and I one year anniversary had passed a few weeks ago and we surprised me with a room a room full of bouquets and had booked a fancy restaurant for us .

He knew how much I loved flowers

A part of me was still paranoid with leaving Elijah with strangers so he stayed with Zoe most of the time . Speaking of her and Sandro
Are now engaged and I'm more than excited to help plan their wedding .

It was a Friday evening and I'd been at home all day as the weather hadn't exactly been the best .  I glance out the windows and let out a heavy sigh as the rain continues to pour .

"Ma -ma."

I look down towards my son who had Lego brick stuffed inside his mouth , I was quick to pick him up and take it out . "No baby that's bad." I scold sitting him right next to me 

He stares at me with nothing but a puzzled look on his face before going back to watching his nursery rhymes .

A loud buzz fills my ears and I reach for my iPhone beneath me instantly smiling when I see a message from my husband .

How are you mi amore

As I'm about to type back he decides to call me instead , I bring my phone up to my ear whilst
Leaning against the soft pillows below me .

"Lorenzo." I deadpan

"Anya ?" He responds the tone of his voice sounded as if he was holding in a laugh

"Can you come home please."

"I'm in the garage."

"Okay but you're not inside ." Just as I had said that I hear the sounds of a lock clicking and the door closing . I smile to myself

"I am now."

"Well I can't see you." His footsteps begin to grow louder and louder and I'm turning around as he comes into view .

"Now you can."

Elijah begins to become excited the moment he sees his dad , I loved their relationship it was adorable. And as usual he picks up his som before any contact with me .

A few seconds later he's placing him down and his eyes meet mine , his towering frame is now leaning down towards me and Enzo's quick to claim my lips . I rest my hand on his cheek responding to the kiss quicker than ever.

God I loved this man

His cologne fills my nostrils and I finally was coming back to my senses. What on earth did I do to deserve him .

We both pull away and the smirk he had on his face . "Are you okay?"

I give him a soft nod tucking my bottom lip into my mouth enjoying the taste of him whilst it remained . 

"C'mere." He slumps down beside me and begins loosening his tie , I turn towards him and climb onto him.

"I had a virtual meeting today with a few mafia leaders from across Europe and they also agree that Elijah needs-"

"No, Enzo we've had this conversation no , he's a baby."

"Anya he's the rightful heir he needs to be there-"

"He won't even know what's going
On , all he knows is coco melon and when it's time to sleep baby no!"

"He needs to be there-"

"What five month old baby needs to attend an event-"

"It's done on his honor amore ."

"I just don't want anything to happen ."

"Nothing will , you know how much men will fight to protect him ? Including me."

"Okay." I say on defeat I knew I wasn't going to win the argument either way , and at the end of the day Elijah is the heir .

Lorenzo bought up a few weeks ago that the heir to the Italian mafia had to be presented in front of everyone . It's done as a sign of respect and honor . Me being a mother now I'm just paranoid .

I mean anything could happen

"You also have to make an appearance amore."

Fuck me

****
End of chapter

A/N

Hi everyone I'm so sorry for not uploading , this book has blown up and I'm so utterly greatful . I've been dealing with quite a few things but now I'm back on track and will be uploading regularly.

Thankyou :)