Chapter 29

Marrying a mafia leader really has an effect   , after my mental breakdown with Enzo I decided to go visit Zoe .

After hearing she was in critical condition I knew I definitely had to see her, turns out she was taken to hospital to one of the best hospitals here in la .

I also found out he'd paid for her surgery, he told me it was only because of my relationship with her but I knew a tiny fragment of him cared for Zoe .

"do you want me to wait for you?" Lorenzo asks , nodding my head he lets go of my hand allowing me to walk into Zoe's room .

The moment my eyes laid on her I honestly wanted to cry , my heart felt for her , as I began to get closer to her I could see the bruises and scars she had on her face , a cast on her arm and another on her leg . I wanted to cry

What the hell did those bastards do to her?

"hey girl." Her raspy voice croaks and I smile feeling a tear roll down my cheek as I lean down to hug her , she also breaks down .

"I thought you were dead Zoe ."  Quietly I say trying my hardest to suppress my tears I couldn't.  She was like a sister to me and God i don't know what I would do if I lost her . 

"I'm still here bitch ."

We both pull away and I sit on the chair behind me , "I've only got nine toes now, cool right?" Zoe says the tone in her voice instantly changing , I knew she was trying to lighten up the mood

"So cool , what happened ?" I ask inclining  to her broken arm , it looked kinda painful . "Oh some Russian pushed me down these long spiral stairs that's how I got my concussion." She explained pointing to the scar on her face .

"Where was you taken ?"

"Maliki tried holding me hostage in some warehouse , I've never seen so much dead bodies in my life ."

"that's just the mafia ." 

She reaches for her glass of water which was placed beside her taking a light sip . "Why didn't you tell me about you and Sandro?"  I think she knew I was hurt by that because of the look on my face .

I thought we could tell each other anything

"Because you had just gotten married , I didn't wanna steal your spotlight Anya-"

"What? Zoe your my best friend you deserve to be happy also."

"Yes I know , but we kinda wanted to keep it a secret ."

"So he was the mystery man you went to meet ?"

A smile creeps onto her face as she responds , my hands subconsciously move towards my stomach as I feel a slight churn inside.

Please don't make me sick

"heard your having twins ." Zoe says wiggling her eyebrows at me , i roll my eyes nodding my head .

"Did Enzo mean to put two babies inside you or was it an accident-"

"Zoe! You can't say that ." I scold , she begins to laugh throwing silly faces at me and I feel my nausea beginning to creep up.

"Anya-"

"Sorry." I stood up from my seat , rushing out the room , looking both ways I tried my best to locate the nearest bathroom as my nausea was starting to pile at the back of my throat.

"Anya? You okay?" Lorenzo comes into view and I press my hand against my mouth . I'm just gonna have to let it out .

He already knew what was going on , and as he was about to step closer to me , I spilled all my contents onto the floor causing him to step back .

"Fuck." Was all I heard him say

I look up at him wiping the sides of my mouth apologizing . "I couldn't keep it in baby I'm sorry-"

"It's okay , come on let's just find a doctor ." Stretching his arm out I hoped over my mess placing my hand in his , my other hand goes securely around my stomach as I let out a sigh .

"can we sit for a moment ? I feel kinda lightheaded."   Enzo's arm goes around my waist as he sits us down in the chair , we'll I'm now on his lap and we're in an empty hallway .

"have you taken your prenatals yet tesoro?"

"Yeah not everyday but occasionally."

"You have to take them everyday that's what the doctor said-"

I smile at him stroking his cheek "you actually remembered what the doctor said ?"

Lorenzo nods his head explaining how the health of his babies mattered to him and he had to take interest in what information the doctor gave us about them .

"That's so sweet." I kiss his cheek instead of kissing him directly on his lips because I had just puked. We rest for a while and Enzo basically forces me to see a doctor because we were already in a hospital and he was worried because 'I felt light headed '

Normally we would have to wait but Enzo did something or managed to bribe one of the nurses into getting me to see a doctor .

"When was the last time you ate mrs moretti?"

I was about to answer the doctors question , but then I had to think . I could feel Enzo's eyes on me and I knew he'd get irritated.

"Yesterday I think."

The doctor scribbles something onto his notepad before looking back at me "your aware that your pregnant with 2 right ? It's vital you eat at least four times a day mrs moretti."

"Yes I know."

"As your entering your second trimester your monthly checkups should be every two weeks , do you have a private doctor ?"

"Yeah we do ."

"Okay could you pass along this information if possible ."

The doctor was obviously in a rush because he was quick to leave the room , leaving Enzo and I alone .

"Your supposed to be taking care of them ." He says

"Baby I am it's just hard , okay I've got a lot going on I figured you'd be the first person who's understand ."

"Yes I do understand, but our children come
First always." I could sense the seriousness in his tone and I agreed with what he said . He made a valid point .

"So you make sure you fucking eat , don't make me start having to shove food down your throat ."

"I would prefer if you shove something else ." I whisper a smirk displaying on my lips , he rolls his eyes helping me off the bed .

"Zoe's waiting for you Anya ."
****
End of chapter