Chapter 14

Happiness . That's what I was feeling right now , which was strange to me because I hadn't felt like this in quite a while . Anya really has taken an affect on me .

I sat with my men as I watched her dance with my sister . Seeing her smile made me feel like I had accomplished something . Fucking hell she was my wife . I could care less if the marriage was arranged to me it felt real .

I've known her such a little amount of time , yet she's managed to change me so much . Even my men had noticed this , she made me soft .

"Picked the right one didn't you boss ." Jacob says as he nudges my shoulder , I nod in agreement "indeed I did ."

My eyes move across the room now focusing on the group of Russians who stood in the corner facing Anya . Maliki couldn't keep his fucking eyes off her .

I might have to carve them out when I kill him .

Despite having the urge to shoot multiple bullets at him , I had to go along with the plan which was working very well as a matter of fact . The only issue was that I didn't know how long he'd be staying in America for so Alessandro came up with a plan , which he's currently dealing with .

He told me I had to stay at the wedding , so they couldn't suspect it was me if anything had occurred. I wanted to mostly to keep an eye on Anya .

"Hey Lorenzo , I'm round the back if you need me ." Alex says crouching down to my ear , I look at him and nod , not icing the girl standing beside him . I smile knowing exactly what was going on . "If your gonna fuck a girl at my wedding , not anywhere here ." I reply and Alex winks at me walking away .

To be a teenager .

I take a sip of my whiskey when Anya walks up to me "come." She says stretching her arms out , i arch a brow standing up from my seat . "Would you like to dance with me ?" She asks gently gripping onto my hand even tighter "I don't dance Tesoro."

"Please , for me ." She whines , pouting her lips . "Boss go on ." I turn around when I hear someone speaking and they all cheer in unison . I sigh allowing her pull me to the floor .

"The things I do for you Anya." She places her arms around my neck looking into my eyes "well get used to it , because your stuck with me for a while ." She murmurs brushing her lips against mine , my arms go around her waist as I hold her securely .

The lights begin to flash and gunshots fill my ears , Anya and I both drop to the floor and I pull her right close to my chest .

Screaming and shouting is all I hear for the next few minutes , and I feel Anya slightly shaking right beside me . Fuck I  should've  told her in advance .

The shots are no longer audible, and the lights flash back on . I'm quick to pull Anya up from the floor and her arms are thrown onto me . "Are you okay?"  I hear her sweet voice ask

"Im fine are you ?"

"No , what the fuck just happened." She sniffles , I quickly wipe her tears and leave a soft kiss on her forehead . Pulling her to my side I see the bodyguards at the entrance holding Aks, I give them a firm nod as one of them begins to approach us .

"Jason's gonna take you home okay ? I'll meet you there."

"What about you ?" She asks

"I'll be okay , I need to find out who the fuck trashed our wedding ."

She was hesitant to leave , I could tell when she didn't want to let go of my hand , so I had to reassure her I'd be okay .  Anya nods her head giving me a quick kiss before she leaves .