Chapter 36

All my misery had seemed to disappear the moment  I heard Anya had woken from her coma . She had too much toxins in her system and it was close to killing her .

During her time in the hospital I'd spent my time torturing Maliki and her father , it kept me busy and entertained . The only reason they were still alive because I figured Anya would want to take part in their torture.

"Can you walk?" I ask , as she lightly squeezes my hand  she pushes herself off the bed and her legs wobble . "I'm getting the hang of it ." She takes slow steps with me right beside her , I wasn't planning on letting her go anytime soon . 

"ugh I don't wanna be in this shitty hospital anymore ." She whines, snaking my arm around her waist I smile down at her . "Until I know your okay your not going anywhere ."

"I'm fine Lorenzo , even the doctor said I could
Go home."

"I just want to make sure your body's healed properly, I mean look you still can't walk properly."

"I'll get better."

"Tesoro now is not the time to debate ." I just wanted to spend some time with my wife , just the two of us . We've barely had anytime alone since our honeymoon which was a couple months back .

Anya apologizes and I guide her back to the bed as she tells me her legs felt tired already. The nurse had told me that she would need a wheelchair until her legs felt comfortable enough to walk on their own .

A quiet growl is all I hear and my eyes dart towards her stomach before looking back up and smiling. "You must be hungry."

She nods her head, moving her hand onto her belly "I'm sorry about our baby." She whispers , I instalty frown when I see the upset look on her face "don't you dare blame yourself ."

"I was weak I should've been strong-"

My lips hover over hers as I shake my head telling her she isn't to blame and that I love her . "Maliki is paying for what he did to you I can promise you that."

"God your a fucking physcopath and it's so sexy ." She mutters placing her hand on my chest , a smile grows on my face as I place a soft kiss on her neck . I hadn't remembered the last time Anya and I had been intimate. We'd been distracted by everything else that we forgot about our own lives.

"The moment we get home straight into our room comprende?"

She nods her head agreeing with me, "I'm gonna go get you food okay? You want anything in specific?"

"Ugh I feel like I want everything, I haven't eaten in a month ." Anya paused for a moment thinking to herself, I knew she'd end up giving me a list of things to get her . She was very indecisive.

"Babe could you get macaroni for me? and macarons I really want them for desert."

"Is that it ?"

"Yeah, that's all."

"Okay I'll be like half an hour."

Giving her a kiss on her forehead I left the hospital room . The cafeteria in this hospital wasn't trustworthy as Anya had gotten sick last time she had it . So I made my way to a restaurant which was closer to the hospital instead.

Parking my Bentley on the side of the road I enter the restaurant to find it not so busy .   "Hi can I take your order ?" I turn around to find a short blonde staring up at me, I felt like I knew her from somewhere. 

"Lorenzo is that you ?" The girl exclaims, dumbfounded I continue to stare at her. "Ingrid , we went to the same high school? We dated."

"did we?"

Anyone I had dated in high school was simply for entertainment, I graduated five years ago so it's pretty surprising she remembers me.
"Yeah you don't remember?"

"Not a clue , anyways could I get your Mac and cheese ?"

"Sure. I could remember those green eyes from anywhere-"

"I have a wife, now if you get chopping I'd really appreciate it ." Her mouth drops for a second but she quickly walks away from me and I sigh in relief. I didn't even class her as my ex she was just simply a fling . 

I paid for Anya's food and went off to the desert shop next door to get her macrons or whatever the he'll they were . Turns out it was the cafe she used to work at and I hadn't even noticed until I stepped inside . Marco greeted me and we conversed for a good five minutes mostly about Anya's well-being before I left .

It had only taken me an hour to get what Anya wanted before I made my way back to the hospital . Today I was entirely free and was planning on having a clear schedule for the rest of the week , I wanted Anya and I to spend time together , just us two . Without any distractions or disturbances.

"Your back ." She says the moment I walk into the room , she puts down the room and claps her hands excitedly as I lift up the bag of food . I didn't notice how much I was smiling until she noticed it . "Enzo your adorable ." Her voice changes into a much more softer cooing tone and I groan .

A moan escapes her mouth as she feeds herself the macaroni, and my eyes meet hers . Haven't heard that in quite a while . "I know what your thinking and your gonna have to wait until I'm able to walk again."

"What's the point ? If I'll only have to take away your ability to walk again." I say , a sly smirk on my face , Anya rolls her eyes throwing her wooden spoon at me .

I pretended to throw it back at her and she immediately ducked her head holding onto to her food . When nothing flew across the room she lifted her head up sending me a glare .

"Carry on laughing and I'll cuff you to our bed post ." She mutters

Damn

***
End of chapter