Chapter 4

Lorenzo led me out to the back of the building towards the garden . The fairy lights lights above us give some sense of scenery as I look around , this was such a nice area .

Lorenzo's voice then fills my ears as I snap my attention towards him . "I feel like we can both help each other you think?" His thick Italian accent rolling off his tongue .

"What do you mean?"

"The bruises , it's kinda obvious, someone's hurting you ."

I instantly fold my arms feeling my insecurities return , people could see it the entire time and no one told me ! What the fuck

"I can help you only if you help me ."

"How?" I ask in confusion

Lorenzo straightens his tie before explaining what he was going to say . "I'm in need of a wife , don't worry it's not permanent just so I can lure a few people here so I can deal with them. That also means you'll be safe and protected , no one will be able to hurt you."

"You want me to pretend to be your wife ? So you can trick people into coming to America ?"

"Yes , that's exactly what I want you to do ."

"So I'll have to live with you?"

He nods , "correct ."

I honestly had no idea what to feel , I mean he promised me I'd be safe and I didn't have to worry about coming home to a beating but then again I barley knew this guy . I mean I've met his sister who's an absolute angel but Lorenzo seems like the opposite .

But then again I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover , I told Lorenzo I'd think about it and we exchanged numbers and he told me to give him a call whenever I made up my mind , he even offered to give me a lift home because Cameron was too busy with flirting with the secretary's too even notice I was missing .

On the way home I expected the drive to be silent but Lorenzo bombarded me with quite a lot of questions regarding my abuse . It's not that I had a problem sharing it because I had no one to talk to about it , but it was strange because I was talking to him about it .

"Why did you never leave ?"

Ugh I hate when people ask me this question "because at the end of the day despite them not liking me or anything there still my family and there all I have."

I feel his eyes on me as I stare out the window ,
"There not your family if they allow you to get hurt Tesoro ." He says and I allow those words to sink in because he as right , a normal family wouldn't be like this .

We then arrived out my house and I thanked him for the ride unbuckling my seatbelt stepping out the car , I walked up the driveway wanting nothing but to take those stupid heels off .

Once again the house was quiet so I assumed no was was home , my brothers we're probably out with my father doing whatever so I had time for myself.

"Anyaaa." I hear a singsongy voice echo in the hallways , I knew the sound of that voice but I couldn't quite figure out where from . "It's me bitch." My lips curl into a smile the moment Zoe comes into view and I squeal running towards her .

My arms go around her as we both jump in the air like two lost puppies . "Oh my your actually here." I exclaim and then notice how her hair was no longer brunette but blonde . "What the fuck your hair looks amazing ."

"Thanks I got it done before I came ."

Zoe had been my best friend since eleventh grade , and Wes been stuck like glue ever since. She always had my side when no one else did and I loved her for that . And ever since she moved to Arizona i see her much less so I always want to make the most of it when I do .

"Oh my gosh Zoe I have so much to tell you."

She smiles dragging me to the couch as we both sit down "spill the fucking tea."

So I began explaining to her about Lorenzo and how he'd always come the cafe in his mornings with his sister , but I think he just wanted to see me. She asked if he was good looking and I told her that if I could I'd get on my knees for him because he's so fucking sexy

God i love Italian men

***

"So he wants to marry you and you said no?"

"Basically yeah, but I barley know the guy-"

"You don't have to fucking know him , he said he'd protect you and that's the thing you need right now , Anya , you'd get to live with him for Christs sake."

"I know , but marriage I'm only 21."

"It's not real anyways , and I suggest you accept it because do you really wanna live here ? With a drunk of a father who beats his daughter without reason ? And two older brothers who don't even care ?"

I slightly frown shaking my head , she was right I couldn't keep living like this , it just wasn't right . "But Zoe, he seems." I paused for a moment trying to find a word which fit Lorenzo's description "heartless ."

"That's because you don't know him , but girl you better call him and tell him you accept it and go get some dick." She says and I smile rolling my eyes "you think it's big ?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows .

I grin at her "definitely."

***

End of Chapter.