Chapter 24

Women , I could never figure out why they must be so complicated. I wasn't
Against Anya wanting to be inside the warehouse to work but currently I was reluctant mostly due to there being a spy which I hadn't told her yet .

During the night after our wedding Sandro had the suspicions that someone had betrayed us . Fernando, ever since the Russians arrived in America his behavior has been irrational . He'd missed numerous meetings and I figured he'd been secretly meeting up with Maliki .

With him being at the warehouse still I didn't want Anya anywhere near him . It wasn't safe for her . A part of me had a feeling that the Russians were planning something so we had to come up with something bigger . Which is also why we were flying back today . I was needed Sandro could only lead for so long .

"Anya put your seatbelt on ." I say calmly , she gives me a glare before going back to doing whatever on her phone .

I knew she was still mad at me , but I did everything for a reason . "Anya-"

"Can you stop talking to me like I'm some child ? I'm your wife ." She snaps now staring out the window so her backs facing me

"Look-"

"Boss are you ready ? We're about to start ?" My concierge says "yeah just give me a minute." He nods his head walking out the room we were in .

"Anya , I don't want you to feel controlled or anything but you need to understand everything I do is for your protection okay ? And I'm sorry how I was before I had no intentions to hurt your feelings Anya ." I crouch down in front of her and she slowly turns her head.

"I love you." I whisper kissing the back of her hand "and I just want to keep you guys safe."

"Safe from what Lorenzo ?"

***
"So that shooting at our wedding was fake ?" She exclaims , I decided that I didn't want to continue hiding  things from her and she had a right to know . So I explained to her well just about everything and she took it well than expected.

I nod my head

"And you did this ?"

"Well Sandro came up with the idea-"

"Why didn't you just tell me ?" A frown grows on her face making me feel nothing more than guilt .

"It was our wedding , and I didn't wanna ruin our day for you , I wanted it to be perfect ."

Anya's face softens and her warm hand rests on my cheek "thankyou for being honest and I forgive you ." She then pulls me in for a kiss , I feel her smile against my face the moment my lips reach hers . The kiss was slow and passionate .

The sound of someone clearing their throat fills my ears , and I break the kiss seeing who it was . "Sorry boss but I think you have to take this call."

Anya's cheek heat up in embarrassment as I stand reaching for the phone . It was Alessandro again . Cockblocker

"What is it now?" I groan

"Enzo I know why Zoe went awol she's been kidnapped and I think Fernando's the one who orchestrated this."

"What?"

"Think about it her plane landed but she never made it home , someone was waiting for her . This is part of Malikis plan he's not trying to hurt you , he wants to hurt Anya because he knows it'll affect you ."

"I'm on my way."

***

We finally landed back in America and rescued the mansion . Nothing much had changed beside the large pile of wedding gifts which took up half of the resting room .

I left that to Anya as I didn't necessarily take interest in any of those gifts . It was still morning and yet I had so much to do already .

Sandro was talking to me about Zoe and I knew he was worried about her . They suit each  other's personality in my opinion .

"Does Anya know ?"

"I don't think I can tell her , I don't want her to stress."

"Lorenzo , we need to be smart about this , Maliki needs to think that his plans working , Anya should know ." Sandro says reasonably

I wasn't sure how'd she take it especially now when her emotions were like a rollercoaster , anything would upset her . On the other hand Alessandro was right wether she would  be happy with it or not she had to know .

I find her in the kitchen eating another one of her strange food combos this time it was crackers and honey . What on earth is she craving

"Doctors here."

I lean against the doorframe watching as she climbed off the stool now coming into my direction . "Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine you?"

"I'm kinda scared." She says honestly as we make our way towards the cellar . It was located right beneath the mansion there was too actually . One was where I tortured people
And the other was the place my private doctor worked . Anya had never been here until today .

"Boss it's good to see you ." Patrick says as he shakes my hand , I give him a from nod stepping aside so Anya comes into view "I'm assuming your the newly wed ?"

She smiles "nice too meet you ."

Why must she be so friendly

Patrick places rubber gloves on his hand instructing Anya to climb up on the bed and lift up her shirt whilst he went to get equipment . She asked me why we don't go to a normal hospital and I explained to her that I didn't trust the doctors and it wasn't safe .

Anyone could leak her information and it wouldn't be good for us both .

"What are you hoping for it to be ?"

Personally I didn't mind what the gender was as long as the baby was healthy , that's all that mattered.

"I want a girl ."  Patrick glanced at me for a quick second before applying a gel like substance onto Anya's stomach . He reached for something else it was normally used in ultrasounds so I'm guessing it was the wands .

Her hand squeezes mine and I attempt to conceal my smile as the doctor faces the small screen towards us . "There's your baby ." I furrow my eyebrows . Our baby's shaped like a bean ?

"By the looks of it your about three months pregnant , baby seems healthy by symptoms ?"

"We'll I sleep quite a lot , and my breasts hurt really bad and my nausea is terrible ."

"Those are all symptoms of pregnancy Mrs morretti, would you like to hear the heartbeat ?"

Anya nods her head looking at me with a grin on her face , I gently kiss the back of her hand patiently waiting . A sudden thud fills my ears and this was definitely something I wasn't used to .

"Oh." The doctor mutters to himself , i could instantly tell he was hiding something."what is it?"

"It seems I've made a mistake on here , Mrs your pregnant with twins ."

What the hell .

***
End of chapter