Chapter 9

Finally reaching our destination , Anya was some what nervous regardless of me reminding her there was nothing to worry about . Maybe she heard 'mafia bosses ' and became scared . But if anything my men were intimidated by me so it's likely they'd do anything to my fiancé .

I liked how compliant Anya was with everything , she wasn't reluctant to do anything yet she was excited. She found the mafia life interesting which was strange to me .

"There better be food because I'm starving."

We both enter the elevator and I watch as the door shuts . Anya stares into the mirror reapplying a layer of lipgloss or whatever it was. "What you want some ?" She noticed me staring , my lips curl into a smile as she turns around . "No."

"You don't smile very often do you ? And when you do it's when I'm with you ."

She was right but I didn't want her to know that .

The elevator dings and the doors slide open "don't get your hopes up Tesoro ."

***
Anya was clearly hurt by what I said because she didn't make any eye contact with me as we sat at the table . My men bombarded her with many questions one of them being if she would carry my heir .

I think that's what went wrong . I never actually considered Anya having to carry my heir because that would put her in more danger . Alessandro said an heir would be what we needed but I didn't want to have to take care of someone else .

She took a sip of her wine before laughing at one of Fernando's jokes . She's laughing a little to hard . I brush the feeling of jealousy away glancing at my watch .

Why the hell am I jealous ? I don't care about her .

"So boss when's the wedding ?" Luca questions . I gulp down my glass of whiskey allowing it to burn my throat . "Two weeks from today ." 

"Never in my 24 years of living would I think Lorenzo would get married ." Luca says and all the men laughed . I tried my best to conceal the smile which tried creeping onto my face .

"Life's full of surprises ."

Anya then stands up from her she seat and excuses herself . Once she leaves the room I feel stares as I look around the room .

"What?" I grit

"You like her don't you ," Fernando speaks up and they all agree with the statement he said .
"I don't like people . At all."

"Give it a month or so ."

***
A few hours go by and we returned back home , I went straight into my office leaving Anya to do whatever .

I can't continue allow our relationship to develop because it's not permanent. And getting attached to her is the last thing I need right now . It wasn't my intentions to hurt her but if I have to , to keep her safe then that's exactly what I'll do .

She has every right to be mad at me , probably thinks I'm bipolar . So I'll just keep my distance from her just for now . The wedding was coming up soon and invitations had been sent out .

Anya couldn't even step out the house without cameras being shoved in her face , since the news reporters were all over her she had to stay inside .

I had sent Alessandro to go pick up her friend from the airport , as I had her flew in by my private jet . I knew Anya would be happy to have some company around the house since Leona went high to school .

Why am I even doing this ?

A light knock on my door filled my ears and i invite the person in , only for it to be one of the guards . "What is it ?"

"Mr Moretti someone's here to see you ." Landon says as he stands beside my door . I glance at the time on my laptop looking back at him "who?"

"Me Bernardi , your fiancés father according to him-"

"Yes let him in ." Landon walks out my office and a few minutes later comes back with him .
He leaves my office and I lean back my seat watching how irritated he was .

"You are not marrying my daughter ."

"And who's stopping me ?"

"You think I don't know your little plan ?" He grits , I personally find this amusing .

"I don't think I do myself , inform me ."

"You plan on impregnating her so you can have your little heir."

I chuckle "trust me , if I wanted to do that I would've already , that's not my plan, besides aren't you the one who liked to beat her ?"

"I was drunk on most occasions."

I stand up from my seat walking up this is man , he reminded me so much of my father . Cowards

"You were drunk ? Anya told me how'd you beat her for no reason , your fucking daughter ," I gritted

Mr Bernardi took a step back , "and if you think she's ever going back to that place then you've lost your godamn mind , and if I find out you've tried contacting her in any sort of way I will deal with you personally !"

I watch as he gulps down his saliva , attempting to keep his stance , as I stare at him , I could feel my blood boiling . "Stay away from my fucking fiancé ."

"I'll see you at the wedding ." Mr bernardi says as he turns around walking out my office .
Motherfucker 

***
End of chapter