Chapter 12

"Boss , Fernando wants to know when you want the shipments to come in ?"

I look up from my computer and towards where my secretary stood . My eyes lingered on her skirt for a moment before meeting eyes with her . "Tell him to come to my office later ."

She nods walking out and closing the door behind her .

I had been avoiding Anya purposely , I know it may sound cruel but I was doing everything for her own benefit . I couldn't let my guard down for someone who I know won't be with me forever . That's a pussy move .

And I allowed her to get even close by sleeping with her . What the fuck was I thinking ? I broke my celibacy for Anya .

Saying that sounded weird also . It just wasn't the right time to be having emotional connections with people . Her friend Zoe whom I couldn't stand was another version of Anya but blonde and more bitchier .

During her stay , I've noticed how she was around Sandro and it was clear they had a fling going on . Typical Alessandro .

I had just finished sending a few emails through to an old friend who I had invited to the wedding . It was in less than a week and I wanted this to be over and done with already .

Alessandro insisted I invite Mr . Bernardi as it would be weird if he doesn't show up to his daughters wedding . He had a point but I didn't like that thought of him walking Anya down the aisle , or having any sort of physical contact with her .

I knew deep down inside , a part of me felt for Anya , maybe because our fathers both tortured us from when we were little . That's something she doesn't know about me and never will .

A knock on the door fills my ears and this time , it's Alessandro . "What is it ?"

"Romani's here to see you ."

"The fuck he's here for ." I gritted , now shutting my laptop . "Wants to negotiate."

"Bring the fucker in ."

***
Mr . Romani strolls into my office with Sandro right behind him . "Lorenzo , nice to see you ."

"I'd prefer if you address me with more respect don't you think?" I say as he sits down opposite me , he then apologizes straightening his suit . "What can I do for you ?"

"After speaking with Anya's father , we've come to a conclusion that she's not fit for this marriage ."

"And why's that?"

"Because your holding her against her will ."

My lips curl into a smile as I stare at him "why would I hold my fiancé against her will?"

"Because, you don't truly love her , your just using her and once your done your gonna toss her aside-"

I slam my fist against the desk beginning to feel agitated already by him . Like I wouldn't put a bullet through your brain right this instant.

"You fucking don't know shit Romani ! Leave Anya alone ."

He stood up from his seat "see you at the wedding i guess ."

The moment he left i had the urge to smash something against his face for disrespecting me the way he did . "You have no idea how badly I want to kill him ." I growl

"Before you do anything act accordingly, he's just doing that to get under your skin , and you wouldn't have reacted the way you did unless you cared about her ."

"I don't ."

Alessandro then stares at me , and I sigh . "You do , and as much as you don't want to admit it we both know it's true ."

He was correct .

A tiny fragment of me felt something for Anya and it was driving me crazy since I hadn't felt something like this in a while.

"Fuck man." I yell throwing my glass across the room allowing it to shatter. "Guessing that's a yes."

"Why her?" It was more of a question to myself than to Sandro . Yes I cared for my siblings but that was different, I couldn't show affection to someone I could never let my guard down .

"It's fate ."

***

I made the decision to go home since I couldn't stand being in work right now. Or maybe I just wanted to see Anya . My mind was all over the place and I had no idea why .

Sandro told me he'd take over whatever I was doing so I could get some rest , which helped because that's exactly what I needed. 

The house was silent today for some odd reason, I presumed Anya went out somewhere with Leona and Zoe . Maria had probably gone home by now but she cooked dinner .

Removing my suit jacket I placed it above the seat , unbuttoning my cuffs I rolled up my sleeves  . Placing the pot onto the heat I hear a voice and I look up . "Lorenzo?" Anya says as she places her red cat down and he scatters away freely . Fuck has she been crying ?

"What is it ?"

"C-can we talk." She says lowly , i nod and she walks further into the kitchen in her pajamas . Sitting on one of the stools opposite me , I watched as she wiped her eyes before lifting her head up . 

"I know you don't like me and I know you don't care about me , but for this marriage to work we have to communicate and it's kinda hard when your avoiding me without reason. Was this some kinda mistake ? Did you maybe pick the wrong person?" She sniffles as a few more tears roll down her cheek "because I don't remember doing anything wrong ."

I was never really good with emotions but I knew I hurt her when I felt a pain in my chest . She wipes her tears once again and stares up at me . "Could you say something? Acknowledge me like a human being ? What the fucks wrong with you !" She yells , I sigh .

"There's nothing wrong Tesoro , I just , you need to understand it's hard for me to." I pause for a moment trying to find the right words "express myself because I've never been in this situations before and I deeply apologize if I've hurt your feelings because I had no intentions in doing so ."

Her fingers run through her hair as she huffs "well you did ." 

I walk around the island and towards her , standing in front of her , slowly I remove her hands from her face allowing her to look up at me. "I do care about you , and that's why I've been avoiding you because I didn't know what the fuck to do about it , I feel something for you Anya and I don't know what that is."

"I care about you to and that's why it hurts so much."

"Im sorry Anya , I truly am."

I stare down at her amber eyes so she knows I'm sincere and that I mean it . "I forgive you."

My eyes fall to her lips and every inch of my body is telling me to kiss her and so I do . The kiss was slow and passionate her hands move towards my cheeks as she pulls me more onto her . I slightly chuckle as I feel our tongue's finally meeting . It was a fight for dominance which she clearly lost . 

Anya then pulls away with a frown on her face and I furrow my eyebrows . "Smile Tesoro ."  I gently kiss her forehead and wipe her tears. "basta piangere amore mio"

Enough crying my love .

"Are we okay now?" I ask softly and she nods her head . She stretches her arms out and wraps them around me , allowing her vanilla scented perfume to fill my nostrils. Definitely something I have to get used to .

The smell instantly changes when a sizzling fills my ears , and I lift my head up and glance at the cooker to realize I'd left food on there . Fanculo

"Already a distraction hmm amore."

I turn it off not bothering to open the pot because I knew I'd be devastated. "You wanna go get food ?"

"Sure ."

"I know the exact place ."

***

End of chapter