Chapter 37

A few days later

Finally I was getting released today , I pretty much had to beg Enzo to tell the nurse that I was okay to go home since it was up to him . By begging I mean just fake crying , he always fell for it as he hated seeing me upset . He was so easy to bribe .

Zoe had visited me last night and she also was recovering, she still had that cast on her leg and was in crutches . I had also found out that Sandro and her were also living together which was a huge shock . She explained to me how she's never felt this way about a guy and she's serious about him .

I was surprised by this mostly because she was the girl who always convinced me to have more than one boyfriend or fling would you say . Oh times have changed .

Me however was stuck on the wheelchair for a week , only until the lower part of my body was completely back to normal but it was a struggle . I couldn't shower without Lorenzo or get dressed or barley do anything . I was glad he was here with me .

Both Leona and Alex had gone to school and Maria was given another holiday so she could spend time with her family . Except from the guards it was just Enzo and I . We were sat in the living room watching tangled . Mostly because I wanted to , Enzo was reluctant but he ended up enjoying the film .

"Thankyou for staying here with me ." I whisper cashing him to look down at me , he smiles kissing my lips "I like being with you knowing your safe ."

I snuggled more into his arms facing the screen as more random thoughts appeared inside my mind . "When should we start doing the nursery ?"

"I've purchased the cot and changing table but that's it ."

"You have ?" I exclaim "how'd you know all those things ?"

"nonna helped ." He responds simply , I nod my head in understanding caressing my bump . I was showing quite a lot now and I finally looked pregnant after so long . Enzo was very protective . And I mean very

I dropped my phone and as I was about to pick it up he told me I could my because when I was bending down I was squishing the baby . I completely ignored him and reached for my phone letting him know I was okay and that he simply was other thinking .

"He asleep ?" I hear Enzo ask , I shrug my shoulders l not knowing what he was doing inside me , I hadn't felt him move yet despite entering my second trimester which was strange . The doctor said it was normal and everything happens in its own time .

"Enzo I think it's time we kill Maliki ."

"Are you sure ? You don't want him tortured any longer ."

"I do , but the thought of him still alive is really bothering me ." I say honestly, Maliki could escape for all we know and that's the last thing Enzo and I need right now .

"I figured you would kill him-"

"Oh I will , and he's not gonna like how ."

Enzo chuckles "I'm such a bad influence."

*** 

"Enzo why do I still have it in ?" I ask referring to the tracker in my arm , it was beginning to become uncomfortable for me as it's been inside there for over a month . Isn't that bad ?

"The tracker has to be disabled before we take it out otherwise your arm will explode ."

My eyes widen "what?!"

"I'm kidding , it just has to be disabled and taken out that's it."

"It's getting uncomfortable."

Lorenzo sits me up and lifts me onto his lap , i gasp when I feel his bulge beneath me . He stares at me and I roll my eyes placing my arms on his shoulders .

"I love you ."

"I love you amore ."

The house guard walked in the room Enzo and I were in informing us that was someone e here to see us . Enzo told me he wasn't expecting no one and neither was I .

I climb off his lap and he instantly frowns at me . I remind him that our bedroom was upstairs and if anything appropriate should occur it would happen in there .

The moment I see who came to visit me , my mind goes blank as I see my brother standing there .

"Bryan? What are you doing here ?" He stares at me with so much guilt on his face , I was trying to figure why on earth he was here . He hated me didn't he ?

"Anya-"

"don't you dare ! How dare you come here-"

"Just let me explain why I did what I did , dad he forced us-"

I scoffed standing up from the couch , I feel Enzo's hand on my arm , drawing my attention back to Bryan I knew he knew I was angry . I had every right to be.

"Dad forced you ? To do what not care about your little sister? I was eleven Bryan ! When he first branded me eleven! And what did you and Julian do nothing !" I yell

"I wanted to help - we wanted to help but , he threatened to kill mom if we didn't , Anya mothers alive."

Blankly I stare at him attempting to process the words I just heard . My mothers alive . What the fuck .

"h-how?"

"Dad had her imprisoned, she never actually died giving birth to you , she had complications yes but she survived."

"All those times I blamed myself for mothers death it wasn't true ?" I feel my blood beginning to boil and Enzo now standing behind me quietly whispering in my ear ,trying to calm me down.

"She's at home-"

"Bryan get out!" I grit feeling my eyes burning due to the amount of tears I held back . My body now faces Lorenzo and his arms go around my body comfortingly. "It's okay my love I'm here." He says , his thumb wipes the corner of my eyes and I lean against his chest , and the constant thud of his heartbeat begins to calm me down .

He's all I need

****
End of chapter