Chapter 46

"Baby just promise me this one thing that you'll remain calm ?" Anya says as we stood outside Leona's high school , it was the end of the day and we'd just came from a hospital appointment .

I wanted to have a few words with Ethan personally , especially after seeing how badly affected Leona was .

No one messes with my family .

I was dressed in something more casual than usual , since I planned on taking Anya away for the day after I dealt with this , we both needed a break .

"I don't want to make I promise I can't keep ."

"Okay if not , just breathe ? Remember he's still a kid-"

"I don't care if he's a kid , he should have never fucked with my sister in the first place ." I grit , realizing my I snapped at her I apologize . Her hands intertwine with mine slightly calming my nerves as I exhale .

"It's okay ." She says quietly

The blaring sound of the bell fills my ears and doors slam open , a bunch of teenagers rush down the stairs quick towards the gate . Anya leans against the car as I insist on her to go inside .

I didn't like her standing to long , her feet were already swollen as it is .

She steps aside allowing me to open the passenger side so she could get inside . I shut the door and turn around only to Leona come into view . She clutches her books on her left side and her bag on her right . "Hey what are you doing here ?"

"Where's Ethan ?"

"Enzo , it's fine-"

"Where is he ?" I ask once again , she notices my distraction which causes her to respond

"Round the back , he's with the stoners ." She says , I tell her to get inside the car and I make my way towards where he was . He was a jerk
He used to pick fights with Alex when he was a junior and now he's harrasing my sister .

No one fucks with the morettis

A group of teenagers come into view and my eyes lay on the dirty blonde . I call his name and they all turn there heads . "Isn't that Leona's brother ?" I overhear one of them say

"Ethan I called you didn't I ?" The look of fear on his face was quite amusing , I knew he found me intimidating. He approaches me at a slow pace as if I had all the time in the world.

"You know why I'm here right ?"

"n-no."

"Let me ask that question again ." This time I slowly lift up my shirt revealing my price which I had tucked in . Ethan gulps . "You know why im here right?"

"P-please don't kill me , tell Leona I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to what ?" I stare at him with a firm look on my face , I let go of my shirt now gripping onto his , I hear gasps behind me but I could care less . "Stay away from my sister you understand?"

"I will. P-please just let go !"

***

Anya stares at me the moment I enter the car , I don't say anything except start the car and begin driving .

I needed to get Leona home .

Instead of Anya saying anything I feel her take my free hand interlocking them with hers , our eyes meet and she gives me a comforting smile The silence isn't awkward .

"Ethan won't be bothering you anymore Leona ." I say once we come upon a red light

"Did you hurt him ?"