Chapter 60

Four days later

It was finally the day of Christmas and I could already sense the energy around me . It had only hit eleven when I had woken up and Anya was fast asleep beside me .

That was her routine especially after feeding Eli, she'd sleep for hours . Nonna said it was understandable as she needed her rest and I didn't wanna disturb her .

I place a gentle kiss on her forehead before making my way into the bathroom to freshen up . I mostly used Anya's products instead of mine well by that I meant her shampoo and conditioner, mainly because it was scented .

My hair wasn't that long but long enough for me to tie it back . I was persistent on cutting it but my wife liked how it was . Whatever she wants she gets .

After completing my routine I check on Anya once again and this time Eli had woken up . He didn't cry that much which I found strange but on the other hand it was good for the both of us . I pick him up and place him on my shoulder .

Nonna normally had house maids but she sent them away for the holidays so ever since then she's been doing the cooking , Zoe or Leona would help her this time but she made it clear she was a very independent woman .

"Buongiorno." I say as I come into view , she gives me a warm smile "buon giorno caro."
Good morning dear

"When did you wake up ?"

"Maybe around nine."

I glance around the island and take a look at all the food that has been made .

"Merry Christmas Lorenzo , now where's Anya?"

"She's still asleep ."

"Let her get rest , she needs it , he disturbing you ?" She asks inclining her head over to Elijah .

I lift him up to check if he was awake or not , and his eye were wide open . I could see my child self every time I looked in his eyes .

The only thing he shared between me and Anya was his eyes . He scrunched his face and began wailing . I knew he wanted his mother . I attempt to calm him down .

"Daddy duties ." Nonna says as I walk out the kitchen . I never actually pictured myself as a father until I met Anya .

The way times have changed
****

Anya had just woken up and her smile instantly grew when she saw the both of us . She rubs her eyes and pushes her hair back .
"Hi baby." She mumbles pressing a soft kiss against my lips .

"Merry Christmas amore."

"Merry Christmas ."

"He's hungry again isn't he?" She asks carefully taking him from me , Elijah instantly settles down and I give her a look.

"Switching on me now huh?"

She giggles unbuttoning her pajama shirt and soon places her breast between his mouth .
"You look so good today." She says stroking my cheek.

I smile kissing her cheek in response , she sighs "I need to have a bath. "

"You do,"

She playfully punches my arm in response and I chuckle "I'm kidding ."

"Hurry up and get ready I want you to open your gifts ."

"Gifts? As in more than one ." She arches her brow in curiosity .

"Yes if I recall I got you quite a few things actually ."

"I keep forgetting my husbands a millionaire ."

I give her a wink and she rolls her eyes placing Eli down after feeding him . She makes her way into the bathroom and I hear the shower turn on. 

It's been a few days since I last checked up on Marco , so I decided to make a call . Sandro and I had t left him much to do , all that was needed was , he take care of the shipments and attend meetings .

"Hello boss?" He speaks into the phone

"Marco , everything running smoothly ?"

"Yes , actually I was just about to call you , are you aware of the trade that is supposed to happen with the Spanish ."

"Trade ? What trade ."

"Well , apparently they have some goods and they want to trade for some of our stuff ."

"As in coke ?" My grip on my phone tightens

"Yes , 80 kilos ."

"80? First of all no I wasn't aware and no trade will be happening , the Spanish are scums , and if they want any trades they need to speak to me directly about it understand ?"

"Yes boss , I will have it declined immediately."

"Good aside from that?"

"Yes , You remember mr collins ? He used to work at your company a few months ago before you fired him."

I chuckle , Mr collins was nothing more than a fool . I had him working in the accounting section and he was caught out making transactions to his own personal account thinking he wouldn't get caught .

He's lucky the only thing I did was fire him

"Yes I do ."

"We'll he wants his Job back ."

"We'll if he can return the 75,000 he took then maybe I'll consider it ." 

The money he took meant nothing but I needed him to know what he did was wrong and it's not acceptable . 

"Okay I have a meeting to attend to so I'll let you know if anything else comes up ."

"Ciao."

The call ended and I place my phone back on the bedside table . I wondered if Sandro knew about what the Spanish were trying to do .

They've always been like that which is why they barley have any products or alliances with anyone . They are not trustworthy and to think I would trade with them they must be out of their minds .

Stupid fuckers

****
End of chapter