Chapter 69

Anya's POV

An hour had gone by since Enzo and I had entered , he stuck by me for only a few minutes before wondering off somewhere. Zoe sat at the table with Elijah allowing me to get a drink from the bar . It was needed . However I was still breastfeeding so I knew my limits . 

"Hi my names sakuru." I turn to my left after hearing a voice which I assumed spoke to me ,

"Sakuru your-"

"Jies wife yes , it's a pleasure to meet the famous Mrs Moretti ."

I smile quizzically tilting my head to the side "I don't really class myself as famous, this is all my husbands doing." I explain . A smile grows on her face as I begin to acknowledge her dress .

It was beautiful, I could tell it was hand made just by the material and the way it stood out .
"Your kimonos amazing  ."

Her eyes widened she was probably suprised I knew the name of it . I did know a thing or two about the Japanese culture .

"Thankyou , My husbands no where to be found so I came for a drink ."

"I çan only have one which is a shame , the cocktails are amazing ."

I bring my glass up to my lips and allow my taste buds to enjoy the savoury taste . Sakuru and I converse for a good fifteen minutes, we even exchange numbers and suggest meeting up again but unfortunately she explained how she doesn't live in America and is only here specifically for the event .

One of Enzo's new security guard approach's me and explain that whatever was meant to happen was beginning soon . Soon later I came to acknowledge his name was Christian and he led me to the back room .

"Boss should be in there , I'm not allowed to enter ."

I nod my head pushing the door open and closing it behind me . "Where did you disappear too?" I ask approaching him , he kisses my forehead and signals for me to take babbling Elijah . 

"I was needed , here's the plan , we're escorted onto the stage and Elijah will be presented by Sandro ."

"Why him?"

"Because he is my second in command ."

My motherly instincts return as eli rests his head on my chest.  I begin to cuddle him running my finger through his hair . "And that's it?"

"A dance will commerce , dinner excetera." I stare into his eyes exhaling heavily as I murmur a quiet 'okay'

"After that we're done we can go home." His arms finds there way around my waist and I'm being pulled closer to him . We both look into each others eyes . "Who said you could look this beautiful."

My lips curl into a smile as I stroke his cheek with my free hand "I did." 

His lips press against the side of my cheek and then they move to the corner of my mouth finally landing on my lips .
"And when we get home we're finishing off what we started." He whispers sheepishly, my eyes roll back as we both pull away .

"If you say so."
***

I stare at the thousands of people who had their attention focused on us , I didn't really like this much attention , for some reason it made me more conscious.

My eyes go back to my son who's being held by Sandro as he speaks .

"Heir to the Mafia, respect will be shown."

I didn't like this at all , I only agreed to it because it meant something to Enzo . I swallow the saliva in my mouth as the crowd begin to clap and cheer .

Something just doesn't feel right

Sandro is then facing Enzo and I and I reach for Eli knowing he had to be fed , he hadn't eaten since we left .

I leave the stage and go sit with Zoe , she was either drunk or drunk . She was able to compose herself surprisingly but maybe the multiple wine glasses didn't help .

Music begun to play and I watched her as people made their way onto the dance floor. It was nice to see all the couples . "Ma ma ." I smile as my son's hand rests on the side of my face.

"Hi my love ." I respond , i don't know how many times I had to repeat myself but he was the spitting image of his father . I would mostly say it's the eyes that gave it away .  I slightly laugh when his pinkie lands on my nose  , I did take his hand off eventually as I was wearing makeup.

"I need to feed you don't I ." I murmur , my boobs felt heavier meaning they were filled with milk , it was an indication that I needed to feed Eli . 

From the corner of my eye Lorenzo is coming into view with a red rose in his hand , he reaches me and leans down to whisper in my ear .

"Would you care to have this dance with me?"

My cheeks heat up as he looks at me , handing me the rose . God knows where he got it from

"Anaya go I'll take him ."

"Thanks ." I stand up and she reaches for Eli , Enzo takes my hand and he leads us onto the dance floor , our fingers intertwine and we're now facing each other, Enzo lets go only so his hands go around my waist , I look up at him throwing my arms over his shoulder .

"Where'd you get the rose from ?"

"Bunch of bouquets at the front." His forehead rests against mine .

"Enzo." I pause for a moment contemplating if I should say it or not . "I have a bad feeling about all of this, I don't know something's just not right."

"These people here , not all of them are out allies , I know something's going on."

"So what are you gonna do?" I ask curiously

"Nothing, as long as you or our son isn't harmed in any way I can sit back and relax ."
My lips curled into a smile after hearing that

"But your not actually going to relax are you?"

He shakes his head making me laugh , he kisses my lips and I lift my head up resting it on his shoulder now , so we were hugging .

"People are staring ." I whisper beginning to feel anxious , I hated being center of attention .

"Let them." I feel his arms tighten around me As the harmonious music continues to play .

His lips gently kiss the side of my neck .
I lift my head back up and look up at him , he had such a goofy look on his face , I don't think he cared that were were thousands of people here .

Watching us

The song comes to an end and a round of applause is being made , my cheeks begin to heat up as my hand it's finding its way back into Enzo's and he walks us off the dance floor and back to our table .

"I think it's time we go home."

I've been waiting for him to say that .

I then notice Eli slumped in Zoe's arm , she's gives me the most soppiest look and I roll my eyes . "You have a boyfriend go ahead and make one."

"Sandro and I aren't at that stage yet."

"You'll get there either way , he's gonna need a friend soon." I say wiggling my eyebrows

"He's already gonna have one ?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but then my eyes widen when I realize what she had just said .

"What?!"

She presses her fingers against her lips imitating I shouldn't say anything. "But you just said you weren't at that stage-"

"Not being at that stage doesn't mean I'm not already ."

"Zoe you're drunk."

She presses her lips in a firm line "a couple drinks won't kill anybody Anya , I'm not drunk just a bit tipsy ."

I hope she doesn't do anything stupid

****