Chapter 23

Lorenzo and I were leaving Italy today and I didn't take it quite well . I knew we were planning on leaving but I hadn't yet prepared for it just yet .

I also felt bad for Enzo earlier this morning because when I had got upset , he had no idea on what to do because he wasn't used to seeing me cry that much . I don't know what's wrong with me .
Shit I'm pregnant , my body on the other hand doesn't feel any different aside from the symptoms. My stomach hadn't exactly grown it just became more chubbier I wasn't sure if this was okay or not . I was confused about everything .

"Tesoro."

Quickly slipping my dress on I turn around facing him . "Are you okay now ?" He puts his hand on my cheek and I respond with a quiet 'yeah' . I also apologized for overreacting and thanked him for being patient with me .

"It's okay, I can't really just blame you can I ?" His eyes then trail down my body and back up at me "I like this dress , your starting too show." The moment I felt his hands on my stomach I felt flutters in the exact same spot .

"You think?"

"100 %."

"But isn't that bad ? We don't want people to know remember."

"You can wear my jacket."

I pout "what If I'm in public ? And your not with me and my stomach starts getting bigger-"

Enzo stares into my eyes which immediately silences me . "Everything will be okay amore."
I bite my lip and nod my head , he places his lips onto my forehead leaving me with a gentle kiss. "Can I go and get food now?"

"Yes you can don't trip on the stairs Anya ."

I smile remembering how I fell a few days ago because of how clumsy I was . "I wont I promise."

"I'm being serious you could hurt yourself." His tone changed and I knew he was being serious so I stopped smiling and put on a straight face.

Walking out the room the thought of how protective he was made me smile, I knew he cared about me but I think he did a little too much .

Our flight , well Enzo's jet was landing in less than two hours so we had limited amount of time. "Anyaaa." I hear a my name being sung and feet padding against the floor , Lily comes into view and my heart swells when I notice the bunch of flowers she held in her hand.

I crouch down towards her height as her little arms attempt to hug me . I'm gonna miss her .
"I picked these for you." Looking down at the bunch of lilies I smile once again "there beautiful Thankyou ."

"I got them , because there Lillie's and my name is lily so you won't forget me."

"I'll never forget you ." I say caressing her cheek . "mommy told me you have a baby in your belly."

"Yeah he's kinda small now still growing."

"Will I meet him?" She asks so sweetly

"Yes of course you will, both you and Kayden can."

***
The jet had just landed and Enzo and I were on our way to the airport . Saying goodbye wasn't exactly easy especially considering how they were like family now . Mostly it was just tears and nonna scolding Enzo to take care of me .

Driving too the airport was not so far even though Enzo's grandmother lived near the country side of Sicily .

"I really enjoyed our honeymoon." I say leaning against his shoulder .

"Anything that makes you happy ." He responds placing his hand on my lap . The coolness of his ring causing goosebumps on my bare leg .

damn that gave me chills .

"You know I still don't know your birthday ?" The thought of it just came up inside my head , Enzo never told me when he was born , I knew it was random but it's something I should know .

Right ?

"February 17th." He says bluntly , he was born a few days before my eldest brother . Bryan. It had been months since I'd last saw him I'm pretty sure he's forgotten about me by now . It's not like he cared anyway . My father brainwashed him into thinking I was the person who was always in the wrong and he believed it .

I shook the feeling away not wanting to even think about it . "Mines-"

"January 7th." Enzo says cutting me off "how did-"

"Before I married you I had to do a background check to make sure you were clean ."

It kinda did make sense I mean he ran a mafia of course he'd do a check on me . My curiosity got the best of me once again and I asked him how he did then . Enzo then told me how he only needed a few details of the person and he'd send them into the warehouse and there people who worked for him would get information .

I always wanted to be a tech guy when I was younger .

"I know what your thinking and no Amore ."

"You didn't even let me ask ." I whine , I wanted to ask if he'd let me do a few jobs around the warehouse . This was me simply being nosey .

"No Anya , your pregnant."

I scoff sitting up and now facing him "because I'm pregnant I can't work ? I'm not even showing." My hormones were kinda all over the place so my mood changed quicker than expected.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"Yeah you did , and as a matter of fact you can't tell me what to do . Im perfectly fine so I should be able to work !"

The silence creates tension for the rest of the drive , I wanted him to know I was mad at him it was so pathetic of him to assume I couldn't do things just because 'I'm pregnant '

Men .

***
End of chapter