Chapter 40

Seeing my wife hurt or upset was the most painful thing to watch , especially when a bastard like Cameron was the cause of it . When she had called me I knew something was wrong , I had to come in from the back due to the door being locked , her brothers were the cause of it and I knew they were . It was all part of their silly little plan .

She rests her head in my chest as my arms are tightly wrapped around her small body ,her quiet sniffles is all hear making me regret I killed Cameron so soon . I should've tortured him . "baby look at me." I whisper , she lifts her head up and I stare down at her puffy eyes . "did he touch you ? . Did he hurt you?"

I hadn't got a response back except her quiet sniffles , "can you get me out of here?" Anya quietly says , I nod my head taking her hand in mine as I led her out through the back way . Taking one last look at the house I notice a shadow in one of the windows. I know exactly who's behind this. " I never should've came here ."

I draw my attention back to my wife who's leaning against the car , standing in front of her I wipe her tears . "Tesoro you don't need them when you have me ." Her eyes meet mine and she sighs

She stays silent and i sigh "Anya you have to tell me so I can kill all his family members , his father owes me anyway." I really needed to torture someone.

"h-he pressed himself against me , God i feel sick." She murmurs pressing her hand against her mouth .

"He what?" My blood began to boil , I reached for my gun once again this time pointing it at an area where he seemed to use quite often , well no more . I pulled the trigger and I felt Anya look way due to the amount of blood leaking from his body . "Fanculo." 

I fish my phone out of my pocket pressing a number I bring it up to my ear
"Yes boss?" 

"The romanis Luca I want them all gone ! By tomorrow." I growl clenching my jaw

"Sure thing boss." I ended the call shoving it back down my pocket , my attention goes back to Anya and shes scared , I could sense it from a mile away . "Let's go home-"

"Wait can I get something? It's upstairs." She takes my hand in hers dragging me along with her, didn't mind as I didn't have any intentions of leaving her alone in this house I went with her .

Her old room gave me a clear vision of her teenage self , from having once direction posters plastered all over her walls . Most of them were torn off probably by her father .

I sat on her bed watching as she walked towards the corner of her room opening the closet door . She crouches down reaching for something inside which seems to be a wooden box .

Anya then Approaches me and sits beside me , "this is all I have left of my mom," she whispers opening the box to reveal photos it was obvious that it was her mother . She picks up a silver locket which had the initials e.b engraved in them. "Esme Bernardi."

The sudden urge to tell her everything would be okay was at the tip of my tongue but I couldn't . The truth is I wasn't sure myself , I had promised myself I wouldn't allow her to get hurt and I've failed her once again .

After staring down at the contents inside the box she insists I take her home . We finally exit the house and I felt as if we were being watched I'm pretty sure Anya did to .

"You want to eat anything ?"

She slouches in the passenger seat cautiously caressing her stomach as she shakes her head .
"Are you sure Tesoro ? I know what your like?"

"Yeah."

I start the car and a few minutes later she's already drifted off to sleep . It allows me to have time to think about the events that have just occurred today and maybe if I hadn't let her go it wouldn't have happened .

****

placing her down onto our bed she snuggled into the blanket beside her , it's been an hour since we left that house and she's been asleep ever since . I think she really needed to rest . I kiss her forehead gently ,

Once again I had blood stains on my clothes , thud normally happened all the time when I killed someone's so I was used to it . I managed to have a quick shower and freshen up before making my way into bed also.

My arms go around Anya as I pull her next to me having the sudden urge to make sure we were close . It's just my protective instincts. "Enzo?"

"Shhh sleep mi amore."

She shuffles seven more towards me so our chests were touching , her leg was then draped over my calf and I chuckle when I feel my pelvis area against hers .

Fuck this girl drives me crazy

"Good night bambini."

****

End of chapter