Chapter 64

"I'm gonna miss you guys so much." Nonna repeats herself for the third time after giving another hug . I sigh wanting to be patient with her as she was getting older , I don't think she remembers what she had said.

"We can always come back." I remind her , she had a tendency to be dramatic. Anya comes up to my side and my arm instantly goes around her.

It was a habit

"She's held him for over twenty minutes." She whispers looking up at me , i chuckle nodding my head in agreement.

"You guys better bring him back ." She says approaching us and carefully placing him into Anya's arms . Eli coos causing her to smile and kiss his cheek .

I loved watching her become a mother

"Do you guys have everything ?"

I nod , knowing ball our luggage was on its way towards the airport where our private jet was . I lean down to hug her as she was nearly the same height as Anya but smaller . Old people tended to shrink as they grew which was understandable.

It wasn't an urgent thing for us to go back home but I knew Sandro and I was needed especially after being away for a while .

We had about an hour or so to get to the airport and it wasn't so far from where we were now.

The twins come into view and the frown on their faces speaks loudly as I approach them .
"You guys better behave for your mother ." I say looking down at the twins , i crouch's down towards their height because of how small they were .

Lily frowns tears forming in her eyes "what about baby Elijah ?" She mumbles so quietly .

"You'll see him soon don't worry." I say reassuringly , her amber eyes reminded me so much of Anya's every time I looked into them

The twins both rush to hug me and I stretch my arms out allowing them both to fit . "We love you uncle Enzo ." They both murmur in unison , i sigh . If my men every heard me say this they'd mock me until Eli became of age and I could finally step down.

"I love you guys too."

***
"That was adorable seeing you bond with the twins ." Anya couldn't stop talking about on our way towards the airport , mostly because when I was all lovey dovey with her it was different.

Fucking hell I've changed so much . Love has changed me .

"Okay we get it ." My eyes roll and they look through the tinted windows , we drove past the busy streets of Sicily and one thing or could I say person caught my eye .

She looked so familiar

I had to get a closer look and make sure it wasn't me hallucinating. The long brunette hair and those eyes , we're identical to my mothers .

"Babe what's wrong ?" I feel a hand on my arm and I knew who it belonged to , the woman I had my eyes on had disappeared and I sighed .

Why would I have hope when she's been dead for years ?

"I thought I saw my mother." I speak lowly glancing at the time on my watch . "Your mom ? You thought that was her?"

"Yes Anya ."

"Enzo-"

"I know she isn't alive , it's just that woman reminded me of her that's all." Her hand rests on my cheek as she turns my head , our eyes meet and she gives me a sad smile softly kissing my lips "hey, I get it it takes a while to get over you cared for so much ."

She shuffled towards me in attempt to comfort me by wrapping her tiny arms around me . I slightly chuckle shifting myself in a better position so we were both comfortable.

"Let's just get outta here."

****

We assumed our journey back would be peaceful but it seemed that Eli didn't like planes . The moment the pilot had started the engines that's when the chaos begun .

Anya tried calling him down , and feeding him but he surprisingly didn't take it . He only settled down when he fell asleep which is why we're making most of the silence now .

Sandro and Zoe were on the other end from us along with my siblings . Only a few hours were left until we arrived back into America and I knew Anya was exhausted as she hadn't had any sleep since this morning.

"Amore are you sure you don't want me to take him?" I ask for the third time just to make sure .

"Yes Enzo do your work , we're okay." She sighs sleepily whilst still holding our son against her chest .

With Elijah being a newborn , Anya was very protective over him as was I , but I could tell her maternal instincts had kicked in . Think of it as a lion and it's cub .

That's how she was

Personally it was attractive for me , watching my wife learn how to be a mother . I'll admit the temptation to put another one inside her was there . But I promised her I'd respect her wishes.

For now

***

End of chapter

I think it's time I definitely bring this book to an end , I'm just running out of ideas but don't worry because a book 2 will be following right after and much MORE action will be involved ,

Toodles